Old 02-06-2004, 12:10 AM
jammer

Default Filtering question....i think

Someone GAVE me a pump with a pipe on top that i can use if i ever
have the rock for a waterfall. (Hose screws on top) But for the time
being i want to just let it come out of the top. I dont want any
critters sucked in the bottom so i sat the pump in a plastic bucket
and covered the bottom with screen. But i know think i need filtering
material if i dont want to pull it up and unclog it all the time, am i
right? I can go to HD and get something, but WHAT DO I ASK FOR??
Thanks
Old 02-06-2004, 05:08 PM
how

"jammer" wrote in message
snips
I dont want any critters sucked in the bottom so i sat the pump in a

plastic bucket
and covered the bottom with screen. But i know think i need filtering
material if i dont want to pull it up and unclog it all the time, am i
right?

Hi,
If you don't want to keep taking it out to clean don't put anything in the
bucket with holes smaller than the particles the pump can pass. A layer of
river rock is cheap and will keep critters out of the pump. This can be
heavy so don't fill the bucket. You essentially will be drawing water at the
height of the bucket so the water should have less particulate. No filter is
permanent so it will have to be removed and rinsed occasionally.
hth -_- how

to reply remember no NEWS is good

Old 06-06-2004, 12:08 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:29:33 -0500, jammer wrote:

and covered the bottom with screen. But i know think i need filtering
material if i dont want to pull it up and unclog it all the time, am i
right? I can go to HD and get something, but WHAT DO I ASK FOR??
Thanks

Go get two mesh baskets and clam shell them together, or one mesh basket
and use vinyl screening as a top, you won't have to pull the pump out of
the pond to unclog.... all season, if ever. See *My Pond Photos* Page 7,
bottom right hand corner. http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

If you can't find big enough ones, order the big ones from
www.aqua-mart.com or www.aquaticeco.com ~ jan

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 17-06-2004, 08:17 AM
jammer

"jammer" wrote in message
Someone GAVE me a pump with a pipe on top that i can use if i

ever
have the rock for a waterfall. (Hose screws on top) But for the

time
being i want to just let it come out of the top. I dont want any
critters sucked in the bottom so i sat the pump in a plastic

bucket
and covered the bottom with screen. But i know think i need

filtering
material if i dont want to pull it up and unclog it all the time,

am i
right? I can go to HD and get something, but WHAT DO I ASK FOR??
Thanks

Thank you. I keep forgetting to go look for one.