Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2004, 10:09 PM
stricks760

Default Some Wierd Kind of Algae

I fought string algae for awhile, and thought it was a pain in the butt.
Now I've got this other kind of algae. It looks kinda like string algae,
but when you touch it, it falls apart.

What is this stuff, and how can I get rid of it? I thought I'd just put a
bunch of water hyacinth, parrot feather, duckweed, etc. and it would
out-compete it for nutrients. Well, everything got all brown and wilted,
EXCEPT for this algae stuff.

I wish I had string algae back -- at least it's easy to capture and throw in
the compost heap. Would a partial water change help?