Old 04-03-2003, 08:16 PM
Martin Sykes

Default Wierd Looking Plants

I've got an area around my children's play area which is currently planted
with rather boring shrubs. I'd like to replace with a variety of bizarre
looking plants to make it more interesting. Any recommendations for suitable
shrubs/flowers? The wierder the better. They'll need to be tough enough to
withstand being occasionally trodden on etc. Also obviously nothing
dangerous in terms of poison or thorns.

Martin

Old 04-03-2003, 09:57 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Martin Sykes" contains these words:

I've got an area around my children's play area which is currently planted
with rather boring shrubs. I'd like to replace with a variety of bizarre
looking plants to make it more interesting. Any recommendations for suitable
shrubs/flowers? The wierder the better. They'll need to be tough enough to
withstand being occasionally trodden on etc. Also obviously nothing
dangerous in terms of poison or thorns.

How about crooked plants? There's a curly grass and a spiral sedge;
and the contorted hazel and willow. Children might enjoy plants with
woolly leaves to stroke (stachys lanata or "lambs' lugs) or highly
scented ones to pinch (rosemary, mint, chamomile).

Janet.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:53 AM
Steve Harris

Gunnera Manicata?

Also (different plan) look at the picture on
http://www.thompson-morgan.com/seeds...etable_18.html

wierd looking grass Tony Pacc Gardening 2 01-07-2003 12:44 AM
Wierd Iris Flower NewsUser Gardening 6 29-06-2003 10:56 PM
Wierd Idea??? What do you think? Rob Smith Edible Gardening 15 08-05-2003 06:08 AM
Wierd Garden day Ophelia United Kingdom 1 28-04-2003 11:32 PM
Wierd Otto Death Rich Conley Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 20-04-2003 06:15 AM