Old 26-06-2004, 10:05 PM
George

Default No geek here

"Newbie Bill" wrote in message
m...
Apparently you arent married. I sure as h*** cant control my wife but I
want to know everything I can about how she works.
Bill

Actually, I am "very" married. And I gave up trying to figure her out a long
time ago. We get along better that way.

" George" wrote in message

"Newbie Bill" wrote in message
I notice every message in this thread (as best as I can interpret) comes
from a different news server. Does that mean that each server has all

this
info, my server just houses my info and each post is essentially a link

their respective news server, is there a 'mothership' that my server is
accessing and downloading as 'requested', etc. I know(I think) that a
website is essentially on A computer (or server) and everyone is

accessing
it. If that is the case with usenet does my server pay a 'subscription'

or
download fee. After about 6 years I am still fascinated by the whole

thing -
the way the net connects us all almost as if we were neighbors. In fact

have neighbors just 3 houses away that I still dont know (after 7

months)
but I 'know' people in PA because of the net and our common interest.

Darn
right amazin.
Bill

I suggest you spend less time thinking about things you cannot control,

then go
down the street and meet your neighbors.

here here now, this poking at my daughter has to stop! Momma McKoi Ponds 0 15-05-2005 10:57 PM
No geek here Kathy Mary kate Ponds 0 21-06-2004 06:08 PM
Well here it is September already madgardener Gardening 2 01-09-2003 04:12 PM
Newbie here - Easiest to grow orchid in NW IN pagan Orchids 8 05-02-2003 04:11 PM
here's an interesting idea for those of you who don't want war with J Kolenovsky Gardening 0 31-01-2003 12:55 AM