Old 30-06-2004, 09:20 PM
Lostin1999

Default UK Reccomended Ponding/water garden Online suppliers

was hoping to get some recommendations of good uk vendors...

I always like recommendation rather than just googling..

Particularly looking for Piping accessories at mo, but any recommendations
will be helpful.

TIA

Lost

Old 01-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Rodney Pont

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 20:02:45 +0100, Lostin1999 wrote:

was hoping to get some recommendations of good uk vendors...

I always like recommendation rather than just googling..

Particularly looking for Piping accessories at mo, but any recommendations
will be helpful.

Some places I have used:

http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/default.asp

For waste pipe and fittings:

http://www.bes.ltd.uk/nav_graf/frames_cat.htm

Other sites but not purchased from them:

http://www.angliaaquatics.com/
http://www.aquatics-warehouse.co.uk/acatalog/
http://www.koicarp.net/ Very helpful in an email conversation. Good
prices for PVC pressure pipe but carriage can be a bit steep. The
Marley solvent cement from B&Q is suitable for PVC and is a bit
cheaper.
http://www.aquajac.co.uk/ Again helpful by email, I have just ordered
some beads from them. They do supply fittings and are going to put them
on their website shortly. They can supply stainless steel mesh if you
want to build your own bead filter.
http://www.evolutionaqua.com/ Manufacturers of the Nexus and Answer
filtration systems but have just started supplying PVC pressure pipe
and fittings.

I have more but I think that will do for starters :-)

A search of Google UK will bring up plenty http://www.google.co.uk/

A 40mm pushfit fitting will fit the outlet on my pumps if you want to
go for the increased flow with solid pipes, a compression fitting
should fit most outlets if you go for the correct size (40mm or 32mm).
Swept bends are better than the standard ones. See my recent post on
subject ' pumps' for info about solid pipe as opposed to flex on
water flow.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont

Old 01-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Rodney Pont" wrote in message
news:atcfzvasbuvgflfgrzfygqhx.i06hwh1.pminews@ihs1 ...
snip
I have more but I think that will do for starters :-)

snip

Thanks for posting the list. I have added them to the DB for
Iheartmypond.com. They'll get published in the next release.

BV.

Old 01-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Rodney Pont

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 09:07:59 -0400, Benign Vanilla wrote:

Thanks for posting the list. I have added them to the DB for
Iheartmypond.com. They'll get published in the next release.

Oh, right, glad to be of some help.

In case they are of any use here are all of my fishy bookmarks :-)

The dustbin links at the bottom are because this one looks as though I
could seal it, with it's lip, to use as a filter.

The titles wouldn't copy from my bookmarks folder so I've only got the URL's
and some may not be of any use, some you probably have since I got some from
this group. Some are for aquarium stuff but I'm still on dialup, until April
20th, so it would take me a long time to go through them. I've turned off wrap
for this so they should be unbroken.

Equipment:
http://www.springdalewatergardens.co...s/pchoice.html
http://www.filters.co.uk/
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gary.webster1/index.htm
http://www.eheim.com/
http://www.evolutionaqua.com/
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/flowchart.html
http://www.hagen.com/
http://www.lotuswatergardens.com/
http://www.mcmaster.com/
http://www.performancepropumps.com/p.../artesian.html
http://www.monumentmasonry.com/matcalcs/pondsource.htm
http://www.tetra-fish.com/
http://www.tetra-fish.co.uk/
http://www.triden****ergarden.com/about.htm
http://www.hagen.com/uk/ponds/index.html

Suppliers:
http://www.angliaaquatics.com/
http://www.aqualifeuk.com/index.shtml
http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/default.asp
http://www.aquatics-warehouse.co.uk/acatalog/
http://www.aquaticplants.eu.com/
http://www.pondcreations.co.uk/
http://www.pond-kits.co.uk/index.htm
http://www.pondsuperstore.co.uk/shop/
http://www.riverside-group.co.uk/mai...asp?HowToID=10
http://www.seame.com/
http://82.112.112.8/acatalog/sitemap.html
http://82.112.112.8/
http://www.koicarp.net/

Misc:
http://www.eco-quariums.demon.co.uk/
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/
http://www.koivet.com/
http://www.akca.org/
http://webpages.charter.net/crush11/
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
http://www.pondboss.com/
http://www.geocities.com/justinm090/faq.html
http://www.offline.tzo.com/
http://www.koiclubsandiego.org/
http://www.gardner44.freeserve.co.uk/
http://www.mikebentley.com/ponds/pondlinks.htm
http://saltaquarium.about.com/
http://www.azponds.com/mfg%202.htm
http://www.fishkeeper.co.uk/beaver/page14.asp
http://home.earthlink.net/~markpas/t..._contents.html
http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.u...pages/home.php
http://www.lifeforceonline.co.uk/
http://www.fishdoc.co.uk/
http://www.geocities.com/nancyspond2...formation.html
http://www.ntlabs.co.uk/bottom1.htm
http://www.paraquatics.co.uk/paraqua...l&lang=e n-gb
http://www.click2roark.com/cgi-win/w...ocument=index2
http://www.wide-o.net/pptreatment/
http://www.tropica.com/default.asp
http://www.watergardeningdirect.com/...tionsFrame.htm
http://www.iheartmypond.com/
http://www.jacrew.net/
http://www.cashbacktoyou.co.uk/html/...?&name=dustbin
http://www.euroffice.co.uk/itm_show....rtough-Dustbin
http://www.laoffice.co.uk/Janitorial...ugh-122564.htm

--
Regards - Rodney Pont

Old 01-07-2004, 06:04 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Rodney Pont" wrote in message
news:atcfzvasbuvgflfgrzfygqhx.i06svn3.pminews@ihs1 ...
On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 09:07:59 -0400, Benign Vanilla wrote:

Thanks for posting the list. I have added them to the DB for
Iheartmypond.com. They'll get published in the next release.

Oh, right, glad to be of some help.

In case they are of any use here are all of my fishy bookmarks :-)

snip

Good god! Awesome! Thanks! If I could get you to submit them on the site,
I'd be even happier. *wink wink* Maybe toss a t-shirt your way?
BV.

Old 02-07-2004, 01:05 AM
Rodney Pont

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 12:38:16 -0400, Benign Vanilla wrote:

Good god! Awesome! Thanks! If I could get you to submit them on the site,
I'd be even happier. *wink wink* Maybe toss a t-shirt your way?

Leave it with me and I'll work on them, I get broadband in April anyway
:-)

The t-shirt will probably cost you more in carriage to the UK than it's
worth though :-)

--
Regards - Rodney Pont

Old 02-07-2004, 01:05 AM
Rodney Pont

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 00:29:30 +0100 (BST), Rodney Pont wrote:

p.s. do you think anyone could make use of some photo album space? I've
got 100MB or so available that I could allow people to post pond pics
on. If you think it would be useful to people I'd have to modify the
upload to convert the pics to 800 x 600 if they are larger for those
who might not know how. I'd delete them after a couple of months to
keep things ticking over.

It'll take me a couple of days to set that up but I have the space and
it's not doing anything. I've also got an HTML newsreader I'm working
on that is posting a weekly FAQ to another group and it could also post
one to this group with a list of common links if it would help anyone.

Any thoughts anyone?

--
Regards - Rodney Pont