Old 02-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Pond Diver

Default Good News

Well I have some good news. Seems the fish either decided to take a break
from dying or the temps, O2, and pH levels have evened out in the pond.
Thanks for everyone's help earlier.

The good side you say? Well the head office (the wife) has approved a major
pond expansion!!! Seems she liked having lots of fishies and saw how much
it was breaking my heart when they were all dying. OK I get compassionate
about the stupidest things now days. But I swear I didn't cry! LOL

Anyway, I'm looking at 750 to 1000 gallon range with a max depth of about 30
inches. I'd like to set up some biological filters and maybe a veggie
filter since I've got a 90 gal preform that will be setting doing nothing.
The 250 gal liner will be going to my father-in-laws.

What would be a safe fish stock level for this size pond? (750 to 1000gal)
Goldfish, Comets stuff like that... Remember the pond is in full sun.
And while I'm not against Koi at all....I think they're puuurdy. I live in
West Virginia. If I go to a pet store and ask for Koi they would probably
say, "What kinda pit bull is that?" Seriously the pet stores here know next
to nothing about ponds. If its surrounded by glass and sitting in your
living room. They can help ya. But outside of that you're on your own
around here.

Old 02-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Pond Diver" wrote in message
[...]

1000 gallons is enough for one Koi, IMHO. Realistically you could probably
do 3-4 safely with proper filtration. But I say, stick with goldies. You can
get them in your area, and unless you spending big bucks on Koi, the goldies
are just as nice.

BV.

Old 02-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Mark and Kim Smith

snip

Well the head office (the wife) has approved a major
pond expansion!!!

snip

Better known as the SWMBO!

Old 02-07-2004, 10:03 PM
diamond

"Pond Diver" wrote in message
SWMBO????????

Well the head office (the wife) has approved a major
pond expansion!!!

snip

Better known as the SWMBO!

She Who Must Be Obeyed!!!!!!!

Well there's good news and bad news.... Janet Baraclough United Kingdom 32 26-06-2004 11:48 AM
Good news/bad news Mike Patterson Ponds 2 19-05-2004 08:09 PM
Good News-Bad News Bob Adkins Ponds 2 14-09-2003 06:32 PM
Sad news, good news and questions all in one message Boystrup Pb, ann,... Orchids 18 13-06-2003 04:44 PM
There is good news and bad news Essjay001 United Kingdom 0 10-06-2003 02:32 AM