Old 28-07-2004, 05:16 AM
Steve Shapson

Default Which Skimmer to Purchase for 25x25 ft pond.

I have a new pond, 25x25 ft, 24-30 in. deep, with 30 in. wide stream, 50
feet from pond, 4 ft grade. The stream is filled with mostly smaller round
stones(2-3in and a few larger(4-6in.)round stones.

Using a Sequence External Self Priming 7200 external pump.from azponds.com
About 40% of the surface is plants, mostly lettuce and lillies. A few
others also.

Does a good skimmer really help keep the water clear?

Do I need a skimmer? Size? Model? ANy particular brand? I dont want to
make a mistake and get a skimmer that is not correct, only to purchase
another later on.There is still surface particles and
others stuff on the surface which just floats around.

If I need a skimmer, I would prefer one that would be easily hidden and
quiet.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

-new to ponds.

steve shapson

Old 28-07-2004, 11:58 PM
Mickey

Get a Savio skimmer, model 85 can be ordered with varying weir sizes. It can
also be plumbed to suck from the bottom during cold months when the top is
frozen.