Old 05-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Everwyrd

Default Joining Permalon????

I got my Permalon liner from Kenco about four years ago. It's holding up
great but the bug to expand has hit and I need some advice. My pond now has
a depth of about three feet and I want to add a two foot deep extension. I
would rather not remove the old portion of the pond (Oh God!!! I DO NOT WANT
TO REMOVE THE OLD PORTION!!). Is it practical to seam a new section onto the
old one? Has anyone done this??

Of course I am concerned about leaks as the join will need to hold water and
not be a stream or waterfall.

I hope I was clear.

Alan

Old 05-08-2004, 06:25 PM
Bonnie

Everwyrd wrote:
I got my Permalon liner from Kenco about four years ago. It's holding up
great but the bug to expand has hit and I need some advice. My pond now has
a depth of about three feet and I want to add a two foot deep extension. I
would rather not remove the old portion of the pond (Oh God!!! I DO NOT WANT
TO REMOVE THE OLD PORTION!!). Is it practical to seam a new section onto the
old one? Has anyone done this??

Hi Alan,

I think you should get in touch with Ken. He can tell you
what it will cost to buy the sealer tape and the additional
liner. It can be done, but the cost maybe very high.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 06-08-2004, 07:02 PM
KenCo

Everwyrd wrote:

I got my Permalon liner from Kenco about four years ago. It's holding up
great but the bug to expand has hit and I need some advice. My pond now has
a depth of about three feet and I want to add a two foot deep extension. I
would rather not remove the old portion of the pond (Oh God!!! I DO NOT WANT
TO REMOVE THE OLD PORTION!!). Is it practical to seam a new section onto the
old one? Has anyone done this??

Of course I am concerned about leaks as the join will need to hold water and
not be a stream or waterfall.

I hope I was clear.

Alan

you will have to clean it very well (spotless) then
use the double sided seam tape and lay the new liner
section on it and press it in well across the joint.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-831-5739 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced
Old 06-08-2004, 07:02 PM
KenCo

Everwyrd wrote:

[...]

Pond Liner Pricing - EPDM vs Permalon Bryan Ponds 9 14-02-2004 01:32 AM
Polypropylene VS EPDM VS Permalon Han Chung Ponds 2 17-01-2004 06:13 PM
Opinion on Permalon + I just Graduated! Bob Ponds 8 20-06-2003 08:44 PM
Permalon Question BenignVanilla Ponds 11 24-04-2003 04:32 PM
Permalon Question BenignVanilla Ponds 13 09-04-2003 02:44 AM