Old 13-08-2004, 06:15 AM
jammer

Default Pump Question

I have a 70 gallon preform in the ground. I am getting ready to add a
150? gallon preform that will empty into it. (Add eventually a
waterfall behind that) I was given a Flotec FPOS2400A-08 (That 3rd
digit is either a zero or an oh) It has 1/3 hp, a 20 foot tall
fountain and runs about 3000gpm. Holy cow. I need something smaller
but i dont know what i need or even what this one is worth because you
have to call the store for prices. I would like to trade it.
*What am i looking for?
And for now there wont be a stream. The lift? From surface where
pump will be, to place where water fall will be is about 6-8 ft.
Old 13-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Grubber

"jammer" wrote in message
I have a 70 gallon preform in the ground. I am getting ready to add a
150? gallon preform that will empty into it. (Add eventually a
waterfall behind that) I was given a Flotec FPOS2400A-08 (That 3rd
digit is either a zero or an oh) It has 1/3 hp, a 20 foot tall
fountain and runs about 3000gpm. Holy cow. I need something smaller
but i dont know what i need or even what this one is worth because you
have to call the store for prices. I would like to trade it.
*What am i looking for?
And for now there wont be a stream. The lift? From surface where
pump will be, to place where water fall will be is about 6-8 ft.

I'd suggest a Laguna or Danner Pondmaster, and shoot for volume of your
total gallons once per hour, at the 8 ft head. That's probably going to be
pump rated at 5-700 GPH at no head, but look at the literature on the pumps
to be sure.

www.azponds.com has a good selection at low prices.

Old 15-08-2004, 04:43 AM
jammer

I'm changing that to a 3 ft. lift. What do you think about this pump?
I am estimating 200 total gallons between the two pond, but the pump
will sit in a 70 gallon pond....

Fountain Pro 300 Pumps 300 gph, lifts 75 " high, flow control.

Very quiet and powerful pump, 12' cord.

For large statuary or medium size pond.

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:19:15 GMT, "Grubber"
wrote:

.. .

Old 15-08-2004, 04:50 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

The pump is going to be in a 70 gallon, pumping up to a 130 gallon flowing
back into the 70 gallon? Usually you want your larger pond at the lower
level so the level drop when pump is on is not as noticable, and/or when
pump is off, over flow is minimal. (Does that make sense?) ~ jan

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 22:43:45 -0500, jammer wrote:

I'm changing that to a 3 ft. lift. What do you think about this pump?
I am estimating 200 total gallons between the two pond, but the pump
will sit in a 70 gallon pond....

Fountain Pro 300 Pumps 300 gph, lifts 75 " high, flow control.

Very quiet and powerful pump, 12' cord.

For large statuary or medium size pond.

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:19:15 GMT, "Grubber"
wrote:

"jammer" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 15-08-2004, 05:01 AM
jammer

No and sort of.

I have had a 70 gallon pondlet in the ground for 2 yrs. Someone gave
me the larger one and it has the waterfall spout that runs into the
smaller one. I had the hose in the large one and the sound of the
waterfall about put me to sleep! This is going to enhance my times of
relaxation big time! It's going to look ok, I can tell. I'll keep
jacking with it until it does. It will give me something to do for the
next year.

Tomorrow i will pack dirt under and around it. I have some water in it
to distill. I am going to put one of the unwanted fish in there and
some plants and just start playing with it!

So Much Fun!! (My arm and wrists are killing me)

I was unsure as to if i wanted a 70 gallon pump or a 200 gallon pump.
The waterfall is likely to run across the top and dump back into the
70 anyway, so i am as confused as i am blond!

Thanks for your reply. Please do it again! haha

Old 16-08-2004, 02:17 AM
RichToyBox

Even though you have two ponds one 70 and one 130 gallons, it is still just
one pond if the water is going from one to the other and back again, so the
pump size needs to be large enough to handle the 200 gallon total.
Recommendations for pumps is to have one that will turn over the pond volume
at least every two hours, which would be a 100 gallon per hour pump. Other
will recommend at least 1 change per hour, which makes the pump a 200 gallon
per hour pump. On a similar setup that I started with, I had a 1200 gallon
per hour pump and it made what I considered to be a nice flow.

--
RichToyBox
http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/index.html

Old 17-08-2004, 01:06 AM
jammer

wrote:

Even though you have two ponds one 70 and one 130 gallons, it is

still just
one pond if the water is going from one to the other and back again,

so the
pump size needs to be large enough to handle the 200 gallon total.
Recommendations for pumps is to have one that will turn over the pond

volume
at least every two hours, which would be a 100 gallon per hour pump.

Other
will recommend at least 1 change per hour, which makes the pump a 200

gallon
per hour pump. On a similar setup that I started with, I had a 1200

gallon
per hour pump and it made what I considered to be a nice flow.

*Thank you!

Zone 6...To Pump or not to pump? BenignVanilla Ponds 6 10-03-2004 11:18 PM
Pump in or Pump out? Szpond Ponds 5 15-11-2003 05:32 PM
Pool Pump Cover (was Swimming pool filter/pump question) Raymond Luxury-Yacht Lawns 0 15-05-2003 07:56 PM
pulser pump video (Simplest pump in the world) Brian White sci.agriculture 24 26-04-2003 12:30 PM
pulser pump video (Simplest pump in the world) Oz sci.agriculture 13 18-02-2003 05:42 AM