Old 19-08-2004, 04:25 AM
SVTKate

Thanks for the update.

Kate

Old 19-08-2004, 04:25 AM
SVTKate

Thanks for the update.

Kate

Old 19-08-2004, 05:03 AM
~ Windsong ~

"Peter Crowl" wrote in message
ink.net...
Without reading every post in this thread - so at the risk of

duplication -
has anybody considered that the vendor might have credited Wal-Mart for
these liners...it would probably cost too much to send back a dozen
liners...more than they're worth..and if so Wal-Mart would have been
required to destroy them

There is a similar example in book stores. Paperbacks that don't sell
...management is instructed to tear off the covers and dispose of them.

Peter

=================
All this waste and some people in the USA are going to bed hungry every
night. Old folks can afford their meds and the homeless population
grows....
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Do stars clean themselves with meteor showers?"

Old 19-08-2004, 05:18 AM
~ Windsong ~

"SVTKate" wrote in message
hlink.net...

The plants just befuddle me. Why would they choose to let something die

and
return it for credit rather than mark it down and let it find a home. I

hate
to see dying plants.

Kate

========================
They die because nobody CARES! You have overworked employees making the
minimum wage and working lousy shifts. Most don't know a geranium from a
palm tree. Do you think they want to stand out there in the hot sun with a
hose? Even if they had the TIME to do it? They're just putting in time for
their measly pay check and the store managers don't care either. Look at
the horrible conditions in their old pet depts. No one cared that there
were tanks of DEAD stinking fish, starving hamsters and birds going belly up
for lack of water. Myself and a few friends used to call a main/district
office in Nashville and complain constantly, weekly - sometimes almost
daily. They finally got rid of the live pets and fish to our great joy.
These stores are all to CHEAP to hire a person to do nothing but CARE for
and water the plants and living things they carry. I doubt they'd go
bankrupt if they hired some oldster part time to come in daily and at least
make sure everything was watered.

Old 19-08-2004, 05:46 AM
HA HA Budys Here

(Roy)

He laughed and said "Oh the pond liner fiasco"

What happened was the manager they had at this other store screwed up
and ordered more than he needed.

Whatever you were told must have been done for the sake of either
entertainment, or keeping the story short. WalMart managers do not "order"
anything. Everything from how much of, and what type of stock, and where it is
displayed is decided by others, elsewhere.

As far as the summation about the rest of the retail shannanigans...
(Overworked employees, hours cut, pesky customers) U.S.A. is headed for hell in
a handbasket until we turn around this corporate infused idea that cheaper is
always better.

You can't complain about WalMart - you get exactly what you pay for in terms of
product and employee character.

Old 19-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Robin

"SVTKate" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I gave up retail management several years ago.
Corporate was the reason, that and my feet were killing

me.

Perhaps if you walk a mile in a retail employee's shoes

you won't be so
quick to spout off.
Yep, there are employees that goof off. You get it in

every line of work.
The percentage of people that look down on customer

service personnel in is
much too high.

I agree with you, I worked retail for a lot of years. You
have people come in that you can tell never worked a day in
retail in all of their lives; and they will be very rude and
condescending to hard working people. I developed a theory
back then that I still hardily believe. People should have
to get a shopping license, and in order to earn their
shopping license they should have to work in retail for just
a few days. It would be a learning experience for them.
Now I have a professional job, but I am still kind to
workers I see doing their best and can clearly identify one
that is not behaving professionally and complain in an
appropriate manner.

I do not know if you have ever worked customer service,

but again, I suggest
that those of you that condemn them walk a mile in the

other guy's shoes.
The treatment received from all sides is difficult to deal

with. Eventually
you have to fight to prevent becoming calloused. The

working people are not
fond of the goof offs either but corporate makes it very

difficult to get
rid of them.

Kate

"Mrs. Fricker" wrote in message
| "SVTKate" wrote:
|
| If you want to blame someone, blame the sorporation,

not the
| employees. The company is to blame 80% of the time.
|
| It sounds like you don't like your job. Have you tried

a different line
| of work. If you have to go around blaming people perhaps

you aren't busy

Old 19-08-2004, 02:19 PM
Crashj

"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message

All this waste and some people in the USA are going to bed hungry every
night. Old folks can afford their meds and the homeless population

grows....
^^^^^^^
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...

ITYM, "Can't" which may mean you have skipped yours for the day? ;-)

One of the things that I notice is the number of people taking massive
amounts of toxic prescription drugs who refuse to do the obvious things to
lead a healthier life and then want us to pay for all the drugs. Sheesh.
--
Crashj

Old 19-08-2004, 02:19 PM
Benign Vanilla

"SVTKate" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I gave up retail management several years ago.
Corporate was the reason, that and my feet were killing me.

snip

My parents think they forced me to go to college...what they don't know is
that I just didn't like working hard enough to stay in retail. I don't know
how you retailers do it.

BV.