Old 22-08-2004, 08:09 PM
~ Windsong ~

"Crashj" wrote in message
ink.net...
"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message

All this waste and some people in the USA are going to bed hungry every
night. Old folks can afford their meds and the homeless population

grows....
^^^^^^^
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...

ITYM, "Can't" which may mean you have skipped yours for the day? ;-)

## I take thyroid medication. It's not expensive and it's covered by my
Insurance. :-) No need to skip taking it.

One of the things that I notice is the number of people taking massive
amounts of toxic prescription drugs who refuse to do the obvious things to
lead a healthier life and then want us to pay for all the drugs. Sheesh.

## Agreed. I recently saw on TV that *OBESITY* and inactivity are the main
causes of so much ill health in the USA. Are you obese or inactive?

Crashj

--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Do stars clean themselves with meteor showers?"

Old 23-08-2004, 03:15 AM
Crashj

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 14:09:58 -0500, "~ Windsong ~" wrote:

"Crashj" wrote in message
link.net...

One of the things that I notice is the number of people taking massive
amounts of toxic prescription drugs who refuse to do the obvious things to
lead a healthier life and then want us to pay for all the drugs. Sheesh.

## Agreed. I recently saw on TV that *OBESITY* and inactivity are the main
causes of so much ill health in the USA. Are you obese or inactive?

Overweight but not obese according to Federal BMI standards.(27.1) As
for activity, I walk a mile with my wife at least three times a week.
I do all my own lawn chores (no big deal) and dug my own pond. In the
Winter I ski at least three times a week. Next week we start the new
diet with the newest diet plan based on selecting the good carbs we
need and not eating excessive meat and fat. It has been put together
by a doctor who is still very much alive, unlike Dr. Atkins who died
of a coronary, possibly related to his plan?
Mrs. Crashj also needs the thyroid pills. That was not the sort of
toxicity I was thinking about. Most of the heart, cholesterol,
allergy, and joint pain drugs so many are on a regular basis have side
effects that would scare the heck out of anyone that actually reads
the little papers from the pharmacist. I rely on more natural products
to keep the problems from happening in the first place.
--
Crashj
Old 24-08-2004, 05:32 AM
~ Windsong ~

"Crashj" wrote in message
Overweight but not obese according to Federal BMI standards.(27.1) As
for activity, I walk a mile with my wife at least three times a week.
I do all my own lawn chores (no big deal) and dug my own pond. In the
Winter I ski at least three times a week. Next week we start the new
diet with the newest diet plan based on selecting the good carbs we
need and not eating excessive meat and fat. It has been put together
by a doctor who is still very much alive, unlike Dr. Atkins who died
of a coronary, possibly related to his plan?

** As far as I know even THIN people can have a coronary, although it's
usually those who are overweight that suffer such things. My mother had a
coronary when she was in her 40s. She was 105 lbs, 5' 5" tall - and very
active! Her cholesterol was always below 200. Then she developed high
blood pressure and had several strokes.... go figure!
The Atkins diet (and other low-carb diets) does work and heart attacks are
not a known side effect of these diets - if they're followed correctly.
The NYTimes had some good articles a few years back. There are reams of
info on the net regarding low-carb diets. I lost 46 lbs in 5 months
following one of them. :-) My cholesterol dropped from 230 down to 180
where it's staying. Low-carbing doesn't necessarily mean a grease laden,
fatty diet.

Mrs. Crashj also needs the thyroid pills. That was not the sort of
toxicity I was thinking about. Most of the heart, cholesterol,
allergy, and joint pain drugs so many are on a regular basis have side
effects that would scare the heck out of anyone that actually reads
the little papers from the pharmacist.

** I agree.

I rely on more natural products
to keep the problems from happening in the first place.
--
Crashj

--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Marriage changes passion. Suddenly you're in bed with a relative."
~~~~~~{@

Old 25-08-2004, 03:49 AM

well.... researchers are now injecting genes into mice and turning them from fat
couch mice into slim, sleek and double their exercise endurance mice. this was in
the context of the olympics of course, cause there is no reason it cannot be done for
humans too.
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/scite...40824_csm.html

I recently saw on TV that *OBESITY* and inactivity are the main
causes of so much ill health in the USA.

......................... that is spelled c-o-m-a, coma as in fall down, hit head,
brain damage and death. Atkins did not die of heart disease as much as the"powers
that be" would like it to be so. everyone I know on the Atkins diet, including my
husband has lowered their total cholesterol and upped their good cholesterol. not
that cholesterol is predictive of heart attacks since 50% of people with heart
attacks have normal cholesterol. All that the hate fat/love your carbs diet has done
is create an entire generation of horribly fat children and adults and sent type 2
diabetes soaring.
Ingrid

unlike Dr. Atkins who died
of a coronary, possibly related to his plan?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 25-08-2004, 04:53 AM
Crashj

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 02:49:51 GMT, wrote:

[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
endorsements or recommendations I make.

I was going to say something responsive, but the threading on this top
bottom middle posted thing is hopeklessly screwed up.
Aaaanyway, the next step in diet will be to realize several things:
Not all meat is good for you.
Not all carbs are bad for you.
Regulating just your food intake is not enough to control your excess
body fat and inability to manage sugar levels.
Stay tuned.
--
Crashj
Old 25-08-2004, 04:53 AM

[...]