Old 22-08-2004, 12:38 PM
Brendan DJ Murphy

Default "Interpet" Pond Test Kit...HELP!!

I have an Interpet Pond-test kit which tests for PH, Ammonia, Nitrate and
Nitrite levels.

I have the 4 test-tubes, a supply of tablets and even the colour-chart!
(The kit comes in a green box)

One vital important component, which I have misplaced, is the instructions!

Could somebody PLEASE help.

If you can direct me on the internet where I can download this document, I
would be greatful.

If somebody could scan in their instructions, I will be VERY grateful.

Many thanks

Brendan.
(please remove REMOVE from my email address to reply)

Old 23-08-2004, 04:21 PM
Newbie Bill

We/you need the brand name, and then a search for that brand will possibly
find the instructions. Even a call/email to customer service will probably
get your answer. How about asking/returning to where you got them. I
suspect you just fill the tubes to a line, drop in the tablets and wait for
a period of time- this of course is the unknown. The group or a large
number of sites can tell you how to interpret your readings. Good Luck!
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

Old 23-08-2004, 05:17 PM
Brendan DJ Murphy

We/you need the brand name, and then a search for that brand will possibly
find the instructions. Even a call/email to customer service will
probably
get your answer. How about asking/returning to where you got them. I
suspect you just fill the tubes to a line, drop in the tablets and wait
for
a period of time- this of course is the unknown. The group or a large
number of sites can tell you how to interpret your readings. Good Luck!
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

The manufaturer's name is INTERPET
The product is simply labled "POND TEST-Tablet kit to monitor pond health"

I have searched the internet but can only find retailers selling the
product.
It is the second product on this page...
http://www.aquatics-warehouse.co.uk/...ERPET_223.html

All I have found through all my searching is a phone-number. I shall call
them tomorrow.

Surely somebody would be kind enough to scan their instructions for me
hint wink ;-)

I have the tablets, the test tubes and colour-chart.

Many Thanks

Brendan

Old 24-08-2004, 06:31 AM
Jim Humphries

Do you have the color charts to use when testing? If not then the whole
thing is useless.
From memory I think that you place one tablet in the supplied test tube and
add 5 ml of pond water. Then crush the tablet and shake until the material
is dissolved and the colour developed. Then compar to the appropriate
colour chart.
Hope that helps.

--
Jim and Sara Humphries, Victoria, BC

Old 27-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Brendan DJ Murphy

Thanks to Nigel for providing the instructions and to Michael for also
offering.

I now have the instructions and have successfully tested my pond.

Thanks again

Regards
Brendan