Old 13-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Ka30P

jan wrote Now let's talk about how K30 culls the herd when she gets too many
fish. ;o)

Oh, let's not or I might get an alligator sent after me!
Anyway it was DH and the outlet pipe and the router rooter and never seeing
that fish again and the horror of it all....

New subject - does anyone else have dreams about their pond? Last night I
dreamt that I looked out the window and it was totally drained!

kathy :-)
zone 7, SE WA state

Old 13-10-2004, 11:33 PM
2pods

"
New subject - does anyone else have dreams about their pond? Last night I
dreamt that I looked out the window and it was totally drained!

kathy :-)
zone 7, SE WA state

I am that man.
Not only drained, but dug over !

Peter

Old 14-10-2004, 12:16 AM
San Diego Joe

"Ka30P" wrote:

jan wrote Now let's talk about how K30 culls the herd when she gets too many
fish. ;o)

Oh, let's not or I might get an alligator sent after me!
Anyway it was DH and the outlet pipe and the router rooter and never seeing
that fish again and the horror of it all....

New subject - does anyone else have dreams about their pond? Last night I
dreamt that I looked out the window and it was totally drained!

kathy :-)
zone 7, SE WA state

I hope that dream doesn't start anything! I used to (and sometimes still do)
have a dream where I somehow signed up for some obscure calculus class but
never went to a lecture, thinking I had dropped it. At the end of the
semester they were going to make me take the final and if I didn't pass I
wouldn't graduate.

If I dream the pond is empty, I better dream that the fish have reverse
scuba equipment! :-)

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

Old 14-10-2004, 02:23 AM
Bonnie

Ka30P wrote:
jan wrote Now let's talk about how K30 culls the herd when she gets too many
fish. ;o)

Oh, let's not or I might get an alligator sent after me!
Anyway it was DH and the outlet pipe and the router rooter and never seeing
that fish again and the horror of it all....

New subject - does anyone else have dreams about their pond? Last night I
dreamt that I looked out the window and it was totally drained!

kathy :-)
zone 7, SE WA state

I do, they usually are about the fish doing unusual things.
Or the waterfall is more like Niagara Falls!
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 14-10-2004, 06:16 AM
Snooze

"Rob" wrote in message
om...
What is a dyi filter?

"Nedra" wrote in message
ink.net...
it's a do-it-yourself filter. I'll let Jan explain...

The emphasis is on Yourself. Your kidneys and liver are some the most
efficient filters around, just drink 8 cups of pond water, and pee it back
into the pond every day.

Snooze

Old 14-10-2004, 06:16 AM
Snooze

"Rob" wrote in message
om...
What is a dyi filter?

Old 14-10-2004, 03:17 PM
Derek Broughton

San Diego Joe wrote:

I hope that dream doesn't start anything! I used to (and sometimes still
do) have a dream where I somehow signed up for some obscure calculus class
but never went to a lecture, thinking I had dropped it. At the end of the
semester they were going to make me take the final and if I didn't pass I
wouldn't graduate.

I was in that class. I didn't see you there. Then again, I was having
trouble going to the lectures, too...

20 years later, I've finally almost completed my degree - having made sure
to take a program that involved NO calculus.
--
derek

Old 15-10-2004, 05:31 AM
Rob

Hmm. Do it yourself = diy
Old 15-10-2004, 05:31 AM
Rob

Hmm. Do it yourself = diy
Old 16-10-2004, 08:07 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

K30 wrote regarding dreams of the pond.

Oh my yes, nightmares, pond draining, fish swimming in the waterless pond,
in the air, or all flopping on the bottom. That my neighbors own raccoons
and let them loose at night.

Koi ponds got covered for fall today, suppose to have wind tomorrow, if we
do, at least there will be one less chore for me to do, that of skimming
out the leaves or vaccing them off the bottom. First time I've covered them
before a big wind hit. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

let's kill in the clean structures, but don't clean the difficult raindrops Jethro United Kingdom 0 01-09-2005 03:47 PM
When to clean filter? Rob Ponds 0 11-10-2004 06:13 AM
How Clean is Clean? BenignVanilla Ponds 13 02-04-2004 03:44 AM
How Clean is Clean? BenignVanilla Ponds 1 01-04-2004 08:15 PM
Easy to Clean Primary Filter? Joe Blow Ponds 5 18-06-2003 02:32 PM