Old 18-11-2004, 10:03 PM
MC

Default Koi Flashing This late in season

I saw my largest Koi jumping up out of the water 3 or 4 times in a row
from my window. I am in zone 5 and have already removed my filter and
stopped feeding (it was in the 20s a couple of night already). Now, we
are having an Indian Summer and it is in the 60s again. Water temp is
around 50. Should I treat with PP as I would normally do mid-season?
I am not sure about treating w/o filtration. I know for PP the filter
is removed during active period so maybe it doesn't matter.
Old 19-11-2004, 02:25 AM
RichToyBox

Before any other treatments, be sure of water quality. Even though the fish
have stopped eating, they will still produce ammonia, and with the warm days
they may be suffering from high ammonia. As they slow down more, the amount
of ammonia production drops significantly and the bacteria on the liner etc.
will keep it under control. As for treating with PP, one of the benefits of
PP is that it is not temperature sensitive, as is formalin.
--
RichToyBox

om...

Old 23-11-2004, 01:00 AM
RichToyBox

The fish will sometimes pickup something off the bottom of the pond, or a
pellet of food and have it go into the gills and have to do aerial
acrobatics to dislodge it. Glad to here it was temporary.
--
RichToyBox

"MC" wrote in message
om...
Water checked out okay. Fish looks okay. I haven't seem him do that
again. Could it have been something that temporarily got lodged in his
gill or something?

wrote in message
check the pH. and eye ball your fish looking for dull slime coats,
sores. Ingrid

(MC) wrote:

I saw my largest Koi jumping up out of the water 3 or 4 times in a row
from my window. I am in zone 5 and have already removed my filter and
stopped feeding (it was in the 20s a couple of night already). Now, we
are having an Indian Summer and it is in the 60s again. Water temp is
around 50. Should I treat with PP as I would normally do mid-season?
I am not sure about treating w/o filtration. I know for PP the filter
is removed during active period so maybe it doesn't matter.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

White spots and flashing. Help please. Bindi Ponds (moderated) 7 06-05-2007 03:29 AM
Flashing lights martin United Kingdom 4 11-01-2004 10:32 AM
Need late season tomatoes H Hornblower Edible Gardening 2 25-09-2003 04:12 PM
Koi Still Flashing MC Ponds 1 07-06-2003 07:08 AM
Koi Flashing, Jumping MC Ponds 27 22-05-2003 07:44 AM