Old 02-12-2004, 10:56 PM

In , on 11/29/04
at 09:18 PM, "Bill Oertell" said:

Early this morning one of our fantail goldfish was entangled in some
string algae. When I fished him out of the pond, I thought he was dead
until he twitched a little in the net. I put him back in the pond and
tried to push him around a little to get water to flow through his gills,
but he wasn't really responding. The water was really cold (38 degrees)
so I thought maybe it was too cold for the fish to resuscitate, as cold
water doesn't store as much dissolved oxygen as warm water, and I figured

Cold water holds more oxygen, I thought. Trout require highly oxygenated
water, and they live in cool water.

Alan

** Please use address alanh77[at]comccast.net to reply via e-mail. **

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.1

Old 07-12-2004, 04:36 AM
Bill Oertell

Well, the little guy is in an aquarium in the garage. We got him a
companion, and he seems to be pretty content in his new hotel room. Once the
pond starts to warm up in the spring we'll move them into the pond.
Our pond has water lilies, but it's too cold for much of anything but algae
to grow in the pond right now. And the pond doesn't really get a lot of
sunshine right now, anyway. Maybe two or three hours at the most.
There were two fantails in the pond, but one of them seems to be missing.
Either it's hiding really good, or it's gone, whatever the cause.

Distressed cordylines & flax Sandra Bodycoat Australia 2 15-02-2007 10:08 AM
Distressed Goldfish Bill Oertell Ponds 0 30-11-2004 05:18 AM
Distressed Goldfish Bill Oertell Ponds 0 30-11-2004 05:18 AM
Fertilizing distressed St Augustine Tom Harris Gardening 1 09-04-2004 03:02 AM
found abandoned distressed snake plant - help. occupant Gardening 2 14-10-2003 01:12 PM