Old 24-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Ann in Houston

I don't know if I got a bad piece or what, but I have never heard
anyone with the same problem I had with my permalon liner. It
separated. And it leaked after less than five years. We put in a new
EPDM liner this spring. I was very surprised that the permalon did
that, considering the purpose for which it is made. I don't know if
our extreme heat, day after day made the difference or what.
It really undermined any chance of having a flexible liner in the new
koi pond we built. DH had always distrusted flexibles, and that just
clinched it. So, our new pond is not nearly deep enough because it is
hard to get rigid liners more than 30 inches deep.

Old 24-03-2005, 04:29 PM
Derek Broughton

Ann in Houston wrote:

I don't know if I got a bad piece or what, but I have never heard
anyone with the same problem I had with my permalon liner. It

It's not uncommon (or at least it wasn't with early HDPEs), I've heard of it
happening a few times. Yes, it's a bad piece.
--
derek
Old 24-03-2005, 10:03 PM
DKat

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

- H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
dkat wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
angela.copley wrote:

I am considering bentomat but cannot locate a uk retailer. Does anyone
have this information?

Bentonite is just a fine clay. Quite likely with a different name on
your
side of the pond :-) I'd talk to landscapers.

From a potter's point of view - different clays are not the same fish....

Absolutely true, and thanks for the in-depth definition. I wasn't trying
imply that Angela could just use any kind of clay (though I might have
managed to do just that :-) ), but that possibly she can't find bentonite
because it's practically a tradition to give things different English
names
on different sides of The Pond.
--
derek

Sorry - didn't mean to imply that... just being chatty and adding the info I
had. Communicating hard... Thinking hard... must go ponder.... Mongo just
great pawn in life.

What sticks to EPDM rubber Randy Ponds 2 15-06-2003 05:44 AM
Repairing EPDM rubber liner? Bob Ponds 2 03-06-2003 05:56 PM
EPDM Liner D. S. Ponds 8 25-05-2003 12:56 AM
Shareholders Pond is an EPDM Pond BenignVanilla Ponds 5 28-04-2003 02:08 PM
Has anyone tried liquid EPDM? Excalibur Ponds 2 10-03-2003 08:45 PM