Old 12-04-2005, 01:50 AM
WVNebJockey

Oh...if I can find it. It will get tons of sunlight.

" Ron Lawrence KC4YOY" wrote in message
news
My ponds are in full sun. Will water hyacinth be OK in full sun.

I think you mean, plant a few, and wait a few weeks for the WH to double

in
size. Remove half, and toss them in the compost pile or the garbage,

repeat.

NO, his question was "Will water hyacinth be OK in full sun".

My response was YES, the more (SUN) the better.

Ron

Old 13-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Gareee©

FINALLY my lowe's got in some of the fantastic plants you guys have been
talking about!

For only $5, I got some, and the largest is almost 2-3 foot tall! (Purple
flowering somethingorother)

I also bought minature cat tails, and also an "oxygenating" fill type plant
of some kind. (i'll check the names and repost)

Question.. will any of these survive winter? (Looks like the peace lillies
died off.)

Also, my local grocery store ordered my watercress, and it'll be in
tomorrow!

I'm hoping to put enough green in the pond to counteract the algea... my
ponds very green already.

BTW, about the watercress..assuming we decide we like the taste, is
harvesting it from the pond a good idea, even if the water is green?

--
Gareee's Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm

Remove Delicious spam to reply

Old 13-04-2005, 07:26 PM
kathy

Yup, I've used watercress from my pond in salads
and on sandwiches. Really is rather tasty ;-)

kathy :-)

Old 22-05-2005, 04:08 AM
Rick

"kathy" wrote in message
ups.com...

Yup, I've used watercress from my pond in salads
and on sandwiches. Really is rather tasty ;-)

kathy :-)

I'm in Missouri will watercress live thru the winter or will it die.

Old 22-05-2005, 06:19 AM
Greg Cooper

Rick wrote:

I'm in Missouri will watercress live thru the winter or will it die.

Well my pond is in Coastal British Columbia where the the winters are
not truly harsh but we do get multiple frosts and some periods of snow.
The Crest dies back in the winter but has come back just fine in the
spring. I remember it grew wild in some streams in Southern Ontario
where the winters are very cold, long and snowy. You should have NO
trouble inn Mmissouri.

Cheers.