Old 16-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Wilmdale

Default Almost disaster

For some reason this morning I kept thinking the heron would visit my
pond. So finally I gave in to that nagging feeling, jumped out of bed,
went to the window and what did I find? 13 inches of water gone from my
pond!! =-O .
Yes, I was downstairs in a flash to see what was going on. Apparently,
after removing some debris from my pumps, the increase flow pushed some
filter media over the return holes on my tanks and they were just
overflowing on the ground! Bummer!
So today, I will install screens around and back from the outlets to
prevent that from happening again. Wheee!
Happy Saturday!
W. Dale
Wilmdale Pond - http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib
Old 16-04-2005, 05:05 PM
kathy

Glad you caught it before it became really
bad!
Sometimes the early bird does catch the
worm!

kathy :-)

www.blogfromthebog.com
new post ~ attracting amphibians

Old 18-04-2005, 09:55 PM
DKat

I walked out to my pond this weekend and found the pump running dry and the
pond empted to the level of the height of the bucket my pump is in. A large
plastic trash bag had blown into the upper pond and completely blocked the
stream so the water was pumped into overflowing the upper pond and emptying
the lower one. If my pump had been on the bottom of the pond as the
original instructions with the pond filter/pump showed, I would have had a
pond full of dry and dead fish.

Old 20-04-2005, 04:22 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:55:09 -0400, "DKat"
wrote:

I walked out to my pond this weekend and found the pump running dry and the
pond empted to the level of the height of the bucket my pump is in. A large
plastic trash bag had blown into the upper pond and completely blocked the
stream so the water was pumped into overflowing the upper pond and emptying
the lower one. If my pump had been on the bottom of the pond as the
original instructions with the pond filter/pump showed, I would have had a
pond full of dry and dead fish.

Unless you had an auto shut off. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~