Old 18-04-2005, 05:00 AM
d t

Default Is There a Automatic Fill and Drain system that is available

I was looking for a System that will change 10% of the water daily. Is
there a automatic one available? I could build one but how do you drain
at the same time as filling? I I have a 1/4 inch tubing that opens with
a timed valve how do I drain it though. I have no over flow. And what
about one for a aquarium? Are the available? Thank you

Old 18-04-2005, 07:45 AM
Snooze

"d t" wrote in message
I was looking for a System that will change 10% of the water daily. Is
there a automatic one available? I could build one but how do you drain
at the same time as filling? I I have a 1/4 inch tubing that opens with
a timed valve how do I drain it though. I have no over flow. And what
about one for a aquarium? Are the available? Thank you

10% daily? I hope you have a small pond, otherwise that's going to waste a
lot of water. 10% weekly is a little bit closer to the desired schedule. Not
sure how you'd empty it on a scheduled basis.

One idea brainstorm idea. Take a T connector, install it to the waterfall.
On the bottom part of the T connector, install your timed valve. When it is
open the pump will drain out the water as desired, just drain it into the
garden.

On the fill side, you can use a float valve, kind of like the ones found in
toilets. I recall seeing a website where they sold one that was made for
ponds, otherwise you could just use a toilet float valve.

-S