Old 24-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Mike C

Default Pond Vacuum

I saw this vacuum for pools/ponds on the Hammcher Schlemer website. It
hooks to your hose and uses the hose to create a vacuum to collect
debris into a bag. I was wondering if anyone had one and how it
worked. It would be nice ot be able to clean the pond of debris without
draining. I think the thing cost $50.

Here is the link:
http://www.hammacher.com/publish/657...89_poolCleaner

Old 24-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Mike Patterson

ummm, would you have a link for that, or tell me which department at
the big orange box has this?

I looked online and I've looked at the store, haven't seen anything
like this, but sure would like to!

Mike

Mike C wrote:
I saw this vacuum for pools/ponds on the Hammcher Schlemer website. It
hooks to your hose and uses the hose to create a vacuum to collect
debris into a bag. I was wondering if anyone had one and how it
worked. It would be nice ot be able to clean the pond of debris without
draining. I think the thing cost $50.

Here is the link:
http://www.hammacher.com/publish/657...89_poolCleaner

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Old 25-04-2005, 12:36 AM
RichToyBox

The hose driven vacs will work, but they are slow if you have much debris.
I used one when I had the preforms many years ago, but to keep from having
all the chlorinated water go into my pond I rigged up a shop vac hose where
the bag went and had it discharge out into the flower beds. The chlorine or
chloaramine in your water needs to be treated.
--
RichToyBox

ups.com...

Old 25-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Mike C

I found one for $20 at Lowes in the pool and spa section.

Old 26-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Mike Patterson

On 25 Apr 2005 12:47:52 -0700, "Mike C"
wrote:

I found one for $20 at Lowes in the pool and spa section.

Thanks, found it in a blister pack.

Not sure how well it works, and concerned that it dumps tap water into
the pond.

Maybe when it's time to do a water change I could use it during
refilling...hmmm.

Mike

Old 27-04-2005, 05:47 AM
Mike C

Not worth it in my opinion. The part that sucks up the debris is maybe
3-4 inches wide. Think about maneuvering a 4 foot pole with a vacuum
and hose attached to it across the bottom and sides of your entire
pond. It really isn't practical unless you have a very small pond.
As the other poster pointed out, the hose that creates the vacuum also
puts chlorinated (unless you have a well) water into your pond.
Obviously not a big deal for a quick cleaning, but bad for a major
cleaning.

Pond Vacuum Design bk Ponds 2 12-10-2004 07:14 PM
Pond Vacuum hire ....Bucks ? Tony M United Kingdom 25 11-06-2004 09:36 AM
Pond vacuum pixi Ponds 9 30-08-2003 10:12 PM
Lowe's Pond/Pool vacuum? Weldon Wallick Ponds 8 28-07-2003 02:12 AM
Pond vacuum/ no electriciry needed Jan Ponds 7 16-05-2003 04:56 PM