Old 01-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Gareee©

Default Lowe's plants already in bloom!

I was VERY surprised 2 days ago, when I saw a large purple flower on my iris
I bought at lowe's like 2 weeks ao, from everyone;s suggestions here.

And yesterday, it's already bloomed!

Best $5 I've spent on the pond yet.

--
Gareee's Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm

Remove Delicious spam to reply

Old 01-05-2005, 10:39 PM
Reel McKoi

"Gareee©" wrote in message
I was VERY surprised 2 days ago, when I saw a large purple flower on my

iris
I bought at lowe's like 2 weeks ao, from everyone;s suggestions here.

And yesterday, it's already bloomed!

Best $5 I've spent on the pond yet.

=========================
Lowe's has the best prices on pond plants in my area this year.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 01-05-2005, 11:23 PM
~Roy~

I assume the plants you got at Lowes were the ones in the tall
tupperware type square containers with a 4" black plastic pot
inside.If so, I also have to agree, they are some of the best plants
for their price than I have seen in a long long time offered by
anyother vendor. If you did not already do it, I would suggest
replanting all of the plants ina larger container from the git go. I
bought some of the water celery, and had it in a 1 gal sized pot, from
the original 4, and have just had to replant it yet again. Its in a
basin of about 6" depth and 12 x 16" and already hanging over the
sides, and I have already taken a clump of it and replanted it in a 1
gal po0t to put back in the wifes half barrel feature. I still have to
redo all the others as well as they have all outgrown thier 1 gal
containers I put them in when I bought them. Still waiting for the Red
lilllys to bloom, but they have a heap of leaves that they put out
already and lookin good.

On Sun, 1 May 2005 16:10:01 -0400, "Gareee©"
wrote:

===I was VERY surprised 2 days ago, when I saw a large purple flower on my iris
===I bought at lowe's like 2 weeks ao, from everyone;s suggestions here.
===

Old 01-05-2005, 11:55 PM
Elaine T

wrote:

===I was VERY surprised 2 days ago, when I saw a large purple flower on my iris
===I bought at lowe's like 2 weeks ao, from everyone;s suggestions here.
===
===And yesterday, it's already bloomed!
===
===Best $5 I've spent on the pond yet.

Must be nice. My little Hope Depot guys are barely breaking the
surface. The lily has 3 small pads, so it's got a start, but the iris
has stalled and the pickerel is growing more slowly than I thought it
would. Maybe now that the pickerel has 2 leaves above the surface it
will start growing faster. All are fertilized and should have plenty of
sun, so all I can do is wait.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__
Old 02-05-2005, 03:22 AM
Gareee©

"~Roy~" wrote in message
I assume the plants you got at Lowes were the ones in the tall
tupperware type square containers with a 4" black plastic pot
inside.If so, I also have to agree, they are some of the best plants
for their price than I have seen in a long long time offered by
anyother vendor. If you did not already do it, I would suggest
replanting all of the plants ina larger container from the git go.

Oh, yeah... I wasn;t going to put them in the pond in those plastic
containers! LOL!