Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Suthern Transplant

Default Advice please, waterfall question

Hi all,

I am building a waterfall between an upper pond which is new and an exising
100 gallon lower pond. I bought rock etc. I don't want to repeat others
mistakes so I am looking for good advice in advance. Is there a website with
this type of info.?

Question: I cannot get my mind around how to start the waterfall...I have a
pre-formed plastic pond about 3' suspended off the ground approx. 4' away
from the lower pre formed pond. I would like to spill both ways into the
pond above and down into the fall. I bought rubber lining and plan to
free-form the fall with block and brick under mixed w/ chicken wire and
mortar/sand mix followed by pad then liner, then build fall. If I build up
rock at the apex and want to spill both ways I will need some means for
water to spill from the upper pond or it will overflow. I cannot figure out
how to do this with a pre formed deal.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Suthern Transplant