Old 13-05-2005, 01:59 AM
Gary Woods

Default Lotus leaves sensitivity to freeze?

Specifically, and first leaf, not yet fully unfurled, but above the
surface. We're expecting a freeze tonight in upstate NY, so I've carefully
laid my ten-foot pole across the tub so it pushes the stem and leaf below
the surface. I admit it; I'm a coward.
Hopefully Mrs. Slocum will appreciate it!

Old 13-05-2005, 02:37 AM
Reel McKoi

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
Specifically, and first leaf, not yet fully unfurled, but above the
surface. We're expecting a freeze tonight in upstate NY, so I've

carefully
laid my ten-foot pole across the tub so it pushes the stem and leaf below
the surface. I admit it; I'm a coward.
Hopefully Mrs. Slocum will appreciate it!

==================
They probably are. They're real heat lovers. If frost nips this leaf it
will surely shoot up another leaf soon.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
before flushing." :-)

Old 13-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

I don't know about your lotus, sorry... but I grew up in Syracuse and
have relatives around Corning. Where are you in upstate NY?

Jim

Gary Woods wrote:
Specifically, and first leaf, not yet fully unfurled, but above the
surface. We're expecting a freeze tonight in upstate NY, so I've carefully
laid my ten-foot pole across the tub so it pushes the stem and leaf below
the surface. I admit it; I'm a coward.
Hopefully Mrs. Slocum will appreciate it!

Trailing Lotus-2254 (Lotus berthelotii) Maroochy[_4_] Garden Photos 0 16-09-2012 08:23 AM
Aloe vera - sensitivity to frost dgaffre Plant Science 1 08-11-2006 02:06 AM
Grapes, dormancy and green leaves wilting at hard freeze DigitalVinyl Gardening 5 18-11-2004 10:47 PM
Sick Lotus brown leaves jrock64 Ponds 31 25-07-2003 11:02 PM
Lotus question, newbie to lotus claude rogers Ponds 1 02-06-2003 05:56 PM