Old 14-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Gareee©

Default Damned snake II

Sigh.. I saw the friggin snake sunning himself today, and figured I'd try to
scare him away from the pond, and then catch and relocate him.

He slipped into the pond, and of course figured I'd leave after a while.

Well, I kept checking out there, and sure enough, he was out again.

I finally managed to spook him out of the pond, and now he's between the
liner, and the ground/rocks... and I noticed he had 2 tails!

So there's a larger one, and a smaller one now.. sigh

Even the larger one is still relatively small, but they NEED to get the hell
away from my friggin pond, cats, and wife.

I'm draining the pond now.. haven't seen the fish for a month now, and I
think I know why. Even the frogs and tads have almost vanished, and a month
ago, we counted 12 large frogs.

My iris and lilly pads are florishing and blooming, and last years iris
finally got a bloom of it own, and now I can;t even frickin be outside
without worrying about those damned things.

I'd welcome the disaster that other ponder had with the raccoon, if it meant
I didn;t have to deal with these damned snakes!

REALLY crappy pond weekend...

--
Gareee's Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm

Remove Delicious spam to reply

Old 14-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Reel McKoi

"Gareee©" wrote in message
Sigh.. I saw the friggin snake sunning himself today, and figured I'd try

scare him away from the pond, and then catch and relocate him.

He slipped into the pond, and of course figured I'd leave after a while.

Well, I kept checking out there, and sure enough, he was out again.

## Been there,... done that. :-(

I finally managed to spook him out of the pond, and now he's between the
liner, and the ground/rocks... and I noticed he had 2 tails!

So there's a larger one, and a smaller one now.. sigh

## And you can be sure a few more are in the area. Even keeping them out
with nets doesn't get rid of them. They then feed on the critters drawn to
the pond.

Even the larger one is still relatively small, but they NEED to get the

hell
away from my friggin pond, cats, and wife.

I'm draining the pond now.. haven't seen the fish for a month now, and I
think I know why. Even the frogs and tads have almost vanished, and a

month
ago, we counted 12 large frogs.

## We believe all our frogs and toads are gone due to a large black snake
we spotted several times in the past few days. However he can't fit through
the bird netting so my fish are safe.

My iris and lilly pads are florishing and blooming, and last years iris
finally got a bloom of it own, and now I can;t even frickin be outside
without worrying about those damned things.

I'd welcome the disaster that other ponder had with the raccoon, if it

meant
I didn;t have to deal with these damned snakes!

REALLY crappy pond weekend...

## Let us know if you find any fish.......
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
before flushing." :-)

Old 14-05-2005, 11:29 PM
Reel Mckoi

Gareee© wrote:
Sigh.. I saw the friggin snake sunning himself today, and figured I'd try to
scare him away from the pond, and then catch and relocate him.

He slipped into the pond, and of course figured I'd leave after a while.

# That snake is more smarter than you. I think every one is.
# Go to the local pet store and buy a Moongose. They will kill that #snake.

McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
before flushing." :-)
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o
Old 15-05-2005, 01:48 AM
Reel McKoi

Old 15-05-2005, 04:42 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Even the larger one is still relatively small, but they NEED to get the hell
away from my friggin pond, cats, and wife.

Your cats don't catch them? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 15-05-2005, 05:06 AM
Gareee©

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Even the larger one is still relatively small, but they NEED to get the
hell
away from my friggin pond, cats, and wife.

Your cats don't catch them? ~ jan

My cats are still kittens, born I'm guessing in late Dec. Early Jan... They
just kinda showed up with their mom at our doorstep.

I wasn't sure if the cats would go after the snakes, or the snakes would go
after the cats. (The cats have grown very quickly, and look like they are
adults almost already.)

The cats are already becoming VERY good at fly hunting in the house, and
chipmunk hunting outside...

But the snakes have been hiding in the pond, and the cats of course, don't
go in the water.. much. (One of them seems fascinated with water, and
actually seems to like it a lot!)

-

Old 15-05-2005, 05:37 AM
Reel McKoi

"Gareee©" wrote in message
But the snakes have been hiding in the pond, and the cats of course, don't
go in the water.. much. (One of them seems fascinated with water, and
actually seems to like it a lot!)

=======================
I had cats in the past. They would kill small snakes but avoided those
large 3' to 5 ' ones that were eating our fish.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
before flushing." :-)

Old 15-05-2005, 05:57 AM
Greg Cooper

Gareee© wrote:

Sigh.. I saw the friggin snake sunning himself today, and figured I'd try to

{snip}
REALLY crappy pond weekend...

Sorry no experience with snakes - around here you dont see them much and
I dont think we have any aquatic types.

Sorry that you lost fish and frogs.
Old 15-05-2005, 12:45 PM
Gareee©

"Greg Cooper" wrote in message
Gareee© wrote:

Sigh.. I saw the friggin snake sunning himself today, and figured I'd try

{snip}
REALLY crappy pond weekend...

Sorry no experience with snakes - around here you dont see them much and I
dont think we have any aquatic types.

Sorry that you lost fish and frogs.

Actually, the fish all seem to still be there! I haven't seen them since Jan
or so, so it is nice to see my old freinds again...

Old 15-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Reel McKoi

Gareee© wrote:

Actually, the fish all seem to still be there! I haven't seen them since

Jan
or so, so it is nice to see my old freinds again...

=================
Just don't fall for that stuff sold as snake repellent. It doesn't work.
Several people I know tried it. The snakes will go right over/past it.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
before flushing." :-)

Old 15-05-2005, 05:05 PM
~Roy~

Too bad someone don't make Carol Witkoski / Reel McCoy
repellent.......

On Sun, 15 May 2005 10:33:59 -0500, "Reel McKoi"
wrote:

===
===Just don't fall for that stuff sold as snake repellent. It doesn't work.
===Several people I know tried it. The snakes will go right over/past it.

white snake - white snake.jpg Persephone Garden Photos 1 26-04-2007 10:54 PM
Water Snake = Grass Snake? Terry Pinnell United Kingdom 1 15-06-2005 09:11 AM
Damned snake! Gareee© Ponds 10 12-05-2005 06:01 PM
Snake--- cool snake story... Gareee© Ponds 0 04-05-2004 02:02 PM
Snake Traps [safe for you & wont harm the snake] james North Carolina 0 26-04-2003 02:56 AM