Old 09-06-2005, 02:08 PM
~Roy~

I do not think Round Up is approved for use in and around any ponds
or waters........The companion product Rodeo is supposedly recomended
for use in and around water. Rodeo is used to kill aquatic weeds etc,
and it states how to use it "in" and around ponds etc, but then in its
cautions it says to keep it from getting into thr water.........go
figure. I always use a surfficant with any products I spray as it
makes for all the differences in the world in the plants ability to
hold thre treatment on its vegetation and not run off. Less wasted
product with a surfficant. I take a mop, saturate it, wring it out to
the point its not dripping, and just swab whatever I want killed. Been
doing it like that for years now in and around my pond without any
problems. I even managed to eliminate a lot of water clover and
parrots feather and cat tails this way...........

I don't think Roundup or Rodeo releases any problematic stuff once its
taken in by the plant, so what would have to be neutralized? These two
chemicals kill by going to the root system.......

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 09:48 PM
Brambles and Poison Ivy RK77 Gardening 3 01-06-2009 12:01 AM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 11:22 AM
Killing and removing Poison Ivy. Danny Gardening 6 14-05-2006 09:51 PM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It Chip G. Gardening 21 17-05-2003 03:20 PM