Old 28-06-2005, 03:47 PM
GaryCam

Default Tip for defeating herons

I think my wife may have stumbled upon a solution to our heron problem. And
it's really cheap!!!

We love watching our koi play with floating orange sections so one day my
wife thought she'd see if they would play with a beach ball. She put a
multi-colored 12" one in the pond. No, the koi weren't attracted to it, but
the current and wind kept it moving and spinning. We haven't seen a heron,
nor have we lost a single fish this year.

Has anyone else tried this?

Gary
Hingham, MA

Old 28-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Reel Mckoi

"GaryCam" wrote in message
I think my wife may have stumbled upon a solution to our heron problem.

And
it's really cheap!!!

We love watching our koi play with floating orange sections so one day my
wife thought she'd see if they would play with a beach ball. She put a
multi-colored 12" one in the pond. No, the koi weren't attracted to it,

but
the current and wind kept it moving and spinning. We haven't seen a heron,
nor have we lost a single fish this year.

Has anyone else tried this?

=============================
No - but anything is worth a try. :-)
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 28-06-2005, 05:02 PM
kathy

Keep us informed.
Sounds like it is working for you!

kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com
this week ~ Mosquitoes!
Run For Your Life!

Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~

Defeating Snails... Diana Kulaga Orchids 31 30-08-2004 10:22 PM
Lawn Ornaments/Cranes, Herons Barbara2245 Ponds 6 15-01-2004 03:22 PM
HERONS/deer/small animals Loretta,Victoria, B.C. Ponds 11 15-06-2003 01:56 PM
Herons Andrew Burgess Ponds 5 14-03-2003 12:57 AM
Ponds, Herons and Lil'uns Victoria Clare United Kingdom 13 28-01-2003 06:02 PM