Old 07-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Roy

You sound like a parrot in training, having to repeat each and
everything that other posters have previously posted............

errrrrrrrr awkkkkkkkkkkkk My name is Carol My name is Carol........I
don;t want a cracker but I'll take a new husband! aaaawwwkkkkk awkkkk

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 10:26:27 -0500, "Reel Mckoi"
wrote:

===
==="Emily & Craig Cagle" wrote in message
.com...
=== Thanks for all the feedback. I do have a waterfall and fountain that run
=== constantly, so I think there is plenty of water being moved. I am
===honestly
=== an unscientific ponder, in that I don't check water quality and all
===that...I
=== don't even own the tools to do so. Maybe now a therm. would be a good
=== investment though. And I'll try to find a way to shade the area more.
=== Thanks again
=============================
===Partial water changes using a dechlorinator are important. You can buy the
===test kits at any PetLand, SuperPets or PetsMart stores for under $20.00.
===Good luck!

"The original frugal ponder"
Old 08-07-2005, 03:27 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

Thanks for all the feedback. I do have a waterfall and fountain that run
constantly, so I think there is plenty of water being moved. I am honestly
an unscientific ponder, in that I don't check water quality and all that...I
don't even own the tools to do so. Maybe now a therm. would be a good
investment though. And I'll try to find a way to shade the area more.
Thanks again
Craig

Not intending to be nasty here, really, but without test equipment and
kits, just reporting your fish died doesn't leave us much to go on. Kind of
like going to the doctor and saying, I'm sick, but you've got to figure it
out Doc, without blood tests.

That said, just guessing, I go with the low O2, high temp theory. Both of
which can not only kill fish, but shut down the bacteria in a filter (if
there is one) or on the sides of the pond & plants, causing ammonia to
rise. Which can fry the gills of the fish so that even when you get O2 in
the water, they still die. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Natural solar heat gain v controlled heat gain? keith kent Orchids 3 27-11-2007 05:56 PM
Goldfish dying John United Kingdom 10 02-08-2006 03:54 PM
Help! Goldfish are Dying in New Pond Bowhunter Ponds 10 29-04-2005 04:31 PM
Help, my goldfish are dying [email protected] Ponds 3 06-03-2005 05:13 PM
heat stroke and heat exhaustion [email protected] Ponds 29 31-05-2003 03:56 AM