Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2005, 06:17 AM
kathy

Default Hurricane Dennis

Anyone in the path of Hurricane Dennis?
Crossing fingers for you. This just doesn't
seem very fair!

Was it Rich that posted a hurricane primer?
(or any big storm precaution)

I read on another board about lowering your
pond a couple of inches. Stopping feeding
before the store, having ammonia binder on
hand and baking soda for ph crashes (but what
to do with the baking soda I'm not sure... jj?)
And generators, which I'm sure all Florida and
Gulf coast people are well versed in.
Oh and netting the pond for falling leaves and, gulp, branches
and, double gulp, trees.
Makes living with volcanoes kind of peaceful.

kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com
this week ~ bladderwort

Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~

Dennis The Menace Brooklyn1 Gardening 1 18-08-2014 01:50 AM
Hurricane reported in Richmond area FBCS Ponds 2 20-09-2003 12:46 AM
Hurricane Isabel's possible path Anne Lurie Ponds 30 19-09-2003 11:38 PM
[IBC] hurricane preparation (was "yamadori" boxwood) Alan Walker Bonsai 3 15-09-2003 09:43 PM