Old 08-03-2003, 06:20 AM
jammer

Default baby water iris

Do i wait until after frost danger or even longer before putting it in
the pond?

BTW: Those fish i agonized over all winter, i saw today. They are 3
times their original size and gorgeous I offered food as one was
sucking on a fossilized worm, but they never did eat.

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 09-03-2003, 10:10 PM
Roberta Hickman

Water iris are winter hardy, but I'd wait until danger of frost it
past, as it will nip the leaves. Don't feed your fish until the water
temp is consistently over 55 degrees. Their digestive processes
aren't working well until then, and having the food just sitting in
their gut isn't good for them.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:24 AM
Sue

I have ( in Dallas, Texas) Louisiana Bog Iris. I leave them in the
pond over winter & have for the past four years. They double & triple,
although this year was a bit colder than ususal so I put them in a tub
in the greenhouse.

I know that it is hard not to feed your fish when they beg but do not
feed them until the water reaches in the 50's. The can not digest the
food and it goes strait through them, The water becomes high in
nitrogen thus killing them or any baby frys.

Iridaceae - Iris Victoria Falls - bearded irisIridaceae - Iris Victoria Falls - bearded iris Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 2 01-02-2009 10:24 PM
2 baby koi, 1 baby plant ~ janj Ponds 6 14-05-2006 12:42 AM
What a treat! Baby water iris! (And Dallas question) jammer Ponds 0 16-02-2003 10:27 AM