Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2003, 10:32 AM
torgo

Default Granada is fabulous

Granada has finished off it's first flush with a cluster of large
blooms that takes my breath away every time I walk by. When I bought
it last July, my mother didn't think it would live. Now it's stealing
the show from the amaryllis.

Pics:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/bgs12345/...ics_02/Pics_03

Blue Girl has also come into bloom. This poor plant was a "rescue"
from Home Depot. It would have been a poster child for shutting down
the bagged rose trade - too much wax, virtually no roots, one cane
severed by the string holding it in place, etc, etc. I figured she
was already a ghost when I bought her, so I nicknamed her "Moaning
Myrtle".

I'm stunned she's still alive at all, never mind throwing out blooms.
I know she doesn't have the roots for it, so I'm cutting her bloom and
pruning off her other two buds later today. It seems a pity, but
she's been such a fighter that I want to make sure she lives long
enough to develop a good root system.

OT/Amaryllis and snail stuff was Granada is fabulous Radika Kesavan Roses 2 16-05-2003 03:44 PM
Granada was Breaking Dormancy... Susan H. Simko Roses 1 29-04-2003 04:44 PM
Granada (was 7b: Bud report 4/26) Shiva Roses 0 28-04-2003 07:08 PM
Granada Daniel Hanna Roses 10 02-03-2003 04:15 PM
Double Delight (was Granada) Daniel Hanna Roses 1 28-02-2003 03:03 PM