Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2004, 07:18 AM
Sandy

Default support for roses

Any ideas on supporting a very large,heavy Ceile Brunner climbing rose? The
wood lattice that it was growing on broke and had to be taken down. Now the
rose, which is growing next to my wooden garden shed, is bent over in an arc
to the ground. Should I trim it (I'd hate to cut back all those years of
growth) and train the new branches upward? If so, what can I use for
support? Thanks for any advice. S