Old 23-03-2004, 04:42 AM
torgo

Default J&P on Fortuniana root stock

I just returned from a work trip to central Florida. On the way home,
I stopped by several nurseries and garden centers searching for roses
from Nelson's, which uses Fortuniana root stock.

One place I visited had J&P roses that were identified as Fortuniana
root stock in addition to the ones from Nelson's. I was curious,
since I had never seen or heard that J&P used Fortuniana before. The
manager explained that the J&P roses distributed in Florida came from
a Florida based grower / supplier.

I was still a little skeptical, but the roses had J&P tags that
specifically advertised the Fortuniana root stock. So, I picked up a
Flirtatious and a Fragrant Cloud from J&P in addition to a Perfect
Moment and a St. Patrick from Nelson's.

And then I arrived back in Atlanta just before midnight last night -
just in time to enjoy the sub-freezing temperature while still dressed
for the hot afternoon in Florida. Yikes - I thought it was supposed
to be spring now ! Where did this come from???