Old 18-09-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Question for someone who knows about plants.....

can anyone tell me what this flower is? it just popped up in my
garden. it has no leaves at all, but is absolutely beautiful.

Old 18-09-2005, 05:20 PM
lizzards

I did!! three times. nothing happened.

Old 18-09-2005, 05:30 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article .com,
"lizzards" wrote:

I did!! three times. nothing happened.

You have to scroll down a bit on the page!
it lists your link there. :-)

http://tinypic.com/dr37fn.jpg

I just posted a pic there of one in my yard that does that.
Is this one the same as yours?
I don't know what it is either and was planning to post it,
so here it is!

Cheers!
--
Om.

Old 18-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Victor Martinez

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
http://tinypic.com/dr37fn.jpg

That's lycoris, a great fall flowering bulb for our area. It naturalizes
readily and needs no care whatsoever.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 18-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Cindy

Victor Martinez wrote:
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
http://tinypic.com/dr37fn.jpg

That's lycoris, a great fall flowering bulb for our area. It
naturalizes readily and needs no care whatsoever.

Very pretty!

Old 19-09-2005, 01:28 AM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
Victor Martinez wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
http://tinypic.com/dr37fn.jpg

That's lycoris, a great fall flowering bulb for our area. It naturalizes
readily and needs no care whatsoever.

--
Victor M. Martinez

Thanks!

Funny thing is I don't recall planting it. lol
But now I want MORE of them!

They are so very pretty....

Anyone know where these might be sold?

Cheers!
--
Om.

Old 19-09-2005, 05:09 AM
Victor Martinez

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
Anyone know where these might be sold?

They sell them at all the good nurseries in town: The Natural Gardener,
Barton Springs Nursery, etc. Can't remember if these are spring or fall
planting though. My guess is spring.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 19-09-2005, 06:25 AM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
Victor Martinez wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
Anyone know where these might be sold?

They sell them at all the good nurseries in town: The Natural Gardener,
Barton Springs Nursery, etc. Can't remember if these are spring or fall
planting though. My guess is spring.

Most likely spring as you said. :-)
I found some on line "on sale".
I imagine I could probably store them in the refrigerator
over the winter as long as I could keep them from molding.

Cheers!
--
Om.