Old 22-03-2006, 09:25 PM posted to austin.gardening

Default Alternative Lawn

Hello. I would like to grow a moss lawn or a clover lawn. Does anyone
have any experience or ideas with this? Also, is there a good place in
town to buy clover seeds? Thank you.

Luther

Old 23-03-2006, 05:23 AM posted to austin.gardening

I'm in Austin, TX.........

Old 23-03-2006, 04:08 PM posted to austin.gardening
Cliff

The point is if you look around you don't see many moss or clover lawns in
Austin. Best to stick with something that is better adapted to the area.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm in Austin, TX.........

Old 24-03-2006, 04:48 AM posted to austin.gardening

Well I see clovers growing all over the place. I think clovers would
grow much better than grass would in my yard.

Cliff wrote:
The point is if you look around you don't see many moss or clover lawns in
Austin. Best to stick with something that is better adapted to the area.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm in Austin, TX.........

Old 25-03-2006, 05:07 AM posted to austin.gardening

It could very well be oxalis that I'm thinking of. Is there any way to
get seeds of the local variety of oxalis for planting? It seems that
they could grow well without much water or sun, which is the state of
my back yard.

Old 25-03-2006, 06:27 PM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
Victor Martinez wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
I'm still looking for a good border collie proof ground cover. :-(

Crushed granite.

snork Thanks. ;-)

Guess I could spray paint it green.......

Seriously tho', we are considering re-configuring the hotwire and
restricting her stomping grounds a bit.
--
Peace, Om.

Old 25-03-2006, 07:04 PM posted to austin.gardening
Cindy

OmManiPadmeOmelet typed:
In article ,
Victor Martinez wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
I'm still looking for a good border collie proof ground cover.
:-(

Crushed granite.

snork Thanks. ;-)

Guess I could spray paint it green.......

Seriously tho', we are considering re-configuring the hotwire and
restricting her stomping grounds a bit.

Darn dogs. I have a Great Dane, and when it's muddy out, he makes *divots*
when he rains....the dog paths in the yard look like cow trails. So I
sectioned off a third of the back yard for me, and left the rest for the
dogs. Now they go out of their way to poop on MY part. @#$@$?!

Old 25-03-2006, 07:59 PM posted to austin.gardening
Cindy

Cindy typed:
OmManiPadmeOmelet typed:
In article ,
Victor Martinez wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
I'm still looking for a good border collie proof ground cover.
:-(

Crushed granite.

snork Thanks. ;-)

Guess I could spray paint it green.......

Seriously tho', we are considering re-configuring the hotwire and
restricting her stomping grounds a bit.

Darn dogs. I have a Great Dane, and when it's muddy out, he makes
*divots* when he rains....the dog paths in the yard look like cow
trails. So I sectioned off a third of the back yard for me, and
left the rest for the dogs. Now they go out of their way to poop
on MY part. @#$@$?!

I meant, when he RUNS.