Old 12-04-2007, 10:31 PM posted to austin.gardening
mab mab is offline

Default Need Help Deciding What Kind Of Tree I Need

I'm looking for good Plum & Peach trees that will do well in full sun,
in austin, produces good peaches and plums to eat. What kind should I
get and do you know where I could get one?

Old 12-04-2007, 11:28 PM posted to austin.gardening
mab mab is offline

On Apr 12, 4:31 pm, "mab" wrote:
I'm looking for good Plum & Peach trees that will do well in full sun,
in austin, produces good peaches and plums to eat. What kind should I
get and do you know where I could get one?

I'm looking for suggestions(sorry I ment to put that in)

Old 13-04-2007, 02:45 AM posted to austin.gardening

On 12 Apr 2007 14:31:52 -0700, "mab" wrote:

I'm looking for good Plum & Peach trees that will do well in full sun,
in austin, produces good peaches and plums to eat. What kind should I
get and do you know where I could get one?

The best peach I ever ate, which has very low chill hours (400 hours
under 45 degrees) is 'Dixieland.' You can buy one in any of the
better garden centers. It's a little late now for that, but you can
still check around. Call The Natural Gardener. That's where I bought
mine several years ago. It was a whip. Four years later it is 20
feet tall and wide, upside down umbrella pruned and after proper chill
hours it produced (2 years ago) 15 bushels. Last year I barely got a
peach, but that was because we didn't have but one very light frost
and no real cold weather for sustained period of time.
Old 15-04-2007, 07:00 AM posted to austin.gardening

"mab" wrote in news:1176413512.791765.146030
@n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

I'm looking for good Plum & Peach trees that will do well in full sun,
in austin, produces good peaches and plums to eat. What kind should I
get and do you know where I could get one?

I have a couple of La Feliciana Peach trees. They seem to do well and give
a lot of wonderful fruit every year. The fruit is pale yellowish, and not
orange/red like most peaches, but the flavor is incredible!

--
//ceed
Old 15-04-2007, 05:57 PM posted to austin.gardening

On 12 Apr 2007 14:31:52 -0700, "mab" wrote:

I'm looking for good Plum & Peach trees that will do well in full sun,
in austin, produces good peaches and plums to eat. What kind should I
get and do you know where I could get one?

I just planted a Methley Plum and La feliciana peach, but it's too
soon to offer personal results. try this site:

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/e...one/stone.html

Old 16-04-2007, 03:10 PM posted to austin.gardening
dt dt is offline

Treedweller wrote:

On 12 Apr 2007 14:31:52 -0700, "mab" wrote:

I'm looking for good Plum & Peach trees that will do well in full sun,
in austin, produces good peaches and plums to eat. What kind should I
get and do you know where I could get one?

I just planted a Methley Plum and La feliciana peach, but it's too
soon to offer personal results. try this site:

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/e...one/stone.html

Oooooh, apricots! Nectarines!

DT