Old 24-09-2003, 11:02 PM
will

Default Cheap and easy grouncover?

Hi.

I am in need of something to use for groundcover.

The area to be covered measures about 3 ft by 20 ft.

I am taking out all of the hideous bushes that are on the side of my
house.

I plan on having a few roses or some thing pretty, but I would like the
rest to be covered by some kind of evergreen plant or anything of that
nature.

The soil isn't great, and it will be getting plenty of sun.

I would like something that requires very little maitenance and spreads
rapidly. THE LESS EXPENSIVE THE BETTER.

It would be a huge plus if this was something that I could simply pick
up at home depot. My transportation situation at the moment doesn't
allow for trips too far from home.

Is there such a plant?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

=will=

Old 25-09-2003, 01:12 AM
Sew-Sew Lady

Do you ever, ever want to use that area for anything else? Is is completely
surrounded by concrete, such as a sidewalk? Asian Jasmine is the ultimate
groundcover --- low maintenance, spreads well, mostly evergreen, etc...
but, beware, it really SPREADS and it is extremely difficult to get rid of.
Invasive actually describes it pretty well. It climbs, too. Don't spend
too much money on it down at Home Depot, either: just a couple of plants
will fill in that area in no time. Not a choice to make without much, much
thought.
Another option would be Mexican heather: stays pretty short, but you'll
need more plants to fill in the area.

Old 25-09-2003, 02:02 PM
animaux

Depending on how low you want it, I use frog fruit (Incisa) and it flowers all
summer till frost, but is very low to the ground. Also, horse herb.

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 05:15:34 GMT, "LaToshna" opined:

New Gold LANTANA.

Old 28-09-2003, 02:12 AM
J Kolenovsky

You probably can find this within a block of your place:
http://www.dallasbutterflies.com/Pla.../cvialis.html.

will wrote:
=

Hi.

[...]