Old 10-06-2004, 02:07 PM
escapee

Default Peach tree

For future reference, we don't post photo's to a non-binary group. You may
have peach rust, or nothing at all. I don't know. However, from the photos, it
appears your tree is not pruned properly. What are your pruning practices and
fertilization?

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?
Old 10-06-2004, 06:04 PM
Victor Martinez

Please don't post binary files (pictures) to non-binary newsgroups.

Rodney Smith wrote:

I have a peach tree that has some red leaves and spotts but i dont know what
to do with it please help.:

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 11-06-2004, 06:12 AM
Rodney Smith

i do apologize for posting the pics i didnt realize. as far as my pruning i
havnet done much im still pretty new to trees and i dont know how to prune
very well

Old 11-06-2004, 02:04 PM
escapee

Pruning is a very important aspect of fruit trees. You have to be aggressive
with them. I suggest you either buy or borrow a good book on pruning fruit
trees. It is done in February in the Austin region of Texas and the second most
important aspect of fruiting trees is thinning the fruit so you get large,
delicious peaches. I only have peaches so I can't speak for other trees.

In February, just before bud break, I prune everything which is growing upward
from the center of a branch, and everything growing inward toward the center of
the tree. I remove everything I have to in order to make the tree look like an
upside down, fabric-less umbrella. Peaches, in particular, bloom and fruit on
last years growth, so I try not to take out a lot of last years new growth, but
the growth from the prior year. The bark on the stems is somewhat different,
but this comes with practice and learning.

Invest in a good pruning book...or go to a free workshop at The Natural Gardener
next year in late winter. They have one every year.

Victoria

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 04:06:11 GMT, "Rodney Smith"
opined:

i do apologize for posting the pics i didnt realize. as far as my pruning i
havnet done much im still pretty new to trees and i dont know how to prune
very well

.. .