Old 24-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Mapanari

Default Deer Trouble

Slinky you babbled and
gurglednews:vt3md0t06ehrgbfohktofnq02dmvkoc47b@4ax .com:

hang slivers of stinky deoderant bath detergent bars in old pantyhose
feet. maul occasionally to keep the perfume stink fresh.

install deer fence.

rethink your landscape plan and install stuff the deer won't eat (yes,
virginia, there are plenty of things they won't eat despite your
experience to the contrary).

A 140# crossbow, some 4 bladed razor broadheads and a big chest freezer would
take care of your deer problem lickety split.

So, when are you going to be barbecuing? Yum....

--
---Mapanari---

Old 26-06-2004, 12:04 AM
B.Server

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 18:52:51 GMT, Mapanari
wrote:

[...]

A 140# crossbow, some 4 bladed razor broadheads and a big chest freezer would
take care of your deer problem lickety split.

So, when are you going to be barbecuing? Yum....

I have the freezer. Any suggestions for where to get a good deal on a
crossbow? I was just thinking today that those fawns would almost
exactly fit on the Weber spit....
Old 26-06-2004, 06:12 AM
Katra

In article ,
B.Server wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 18:52:51 GMT, Mapanari
wrote:

[...]

A 140# crossbow, some 4 bladed razor broadheads and a big chest freezer
would
take care of your deer problem lickety split.

So, when are you going to be barbecuing? Yum....

I have the freezer. Any suggestions for where to get a good deal on a
crossbow? I was just thinking today that those fawns would almost
exactly fit on the Weber spit....

Crossbows:

http://www.crossbow-hunting-crossbows-excalibur.com/

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Old 28-06-2004, 10:11 PM
dt

Katra wrote:

In article ,
B.Server wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 18:52:51 GMT, Mapanari
wrote:

[...]

A 140# crossbow, some 4 bladed razor broadheads and a big chest freezer
would
take care of your deer problem lickety split.

So, when are you going to be barbecuing? Yum....

I have the freezer. Any suggestions for where to get a good deal on a
crossbow? I was just thinking today that those fawns would almost
exactly fit on the Weber spit....

Crossbows:

http://www.crossbow-hunting-crossbows-excalibur.com/

Man! I haven't read the game laws in *years*.

When did crossbows become legal for deer hunting in Texas???

DT

Old 29-06-2004, 01:07 AM
GeneS

This method will work 100% of the time:
http://members.thegateway.net/genes/...LakeGator1.JPG
http://members.thegateway.net/genes/...LakeGator2.JPG

"catalina" wrote in message
GolfNut wrote in
:

help!! besides a fence...how do i keep the derr from eating my small
trees and plants. i use liquid fence but that is sooo expensive. plus
after a watering or rain, it's all gone.

is there a home remedy...some type of organic tea that i could brew to
put on stuff or around it to keep the deer away. they are even going
after "deer resistant" plants these days.

tw

Not sure how well this works, and maybe not so well in large areas, but
there is a product called the "scarecrow" it is a motion activated
sprinkler --- I bought one but it was shipped to me broken so I can't tell
you yet how it works. You could always get an outside dog that chases them
away (I discovered that the one I am petsitting at the moment enjoys doing
that.)

Old 30-06-2004, 10:08 PM
dt

GeneS wrote:

This method will work 100% of the time:
http://members.thegateway.net/genes/...LakeGator1.JPG
http://members.thegateway.net/genes/...LakeGator2.JPG

Ok, Gene, I gotta ask: *Where* did you get those pictures????

DT

Old 01-07-2004, 12:05 AM
GeneS

Lake Travis

LOL - a friend sent them to me.
I "assume" they did not come from this area:-)
My best guess is Cross Lake in Caddo Parish, Louisiana.

Gene

Old 03-07-2004, 01:02 AM
B.Server

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 23:34:18 GMT, "GeneS"

Where is CrossLake?
Old 23-01-2008, 12:21 PM posted to austin.gardening

Cool Whip wrote:
Don't mind ******. When he's bored he responds to posts that are
3.5 years old.

Is it a new troll? I can't recall the alias.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 23-01-2008, 05:13 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
Wankatoa wrote:

dt :

Katra wrote:

In article ,
B.Server wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 18:52:51 GMT, Mapanari
wrote:

[...]

A 140# crossbow, some 4 bladed razor broadheads and a big chest freezer
would
take care of your deer problem lickety split.

So, when are you going to be barbecuing? Yum....

I have the freezer. Any suggestions for where to get a good deal on a
crossbow? I was just thinking today that those fawns would almost
exactly fit on the Weber spit....

Crossbows:

http://www.crossbow-hunting-crossbows-excalibur.com/

Man! I haven't read the game laws in *years*.

When did crossbows become legal for deer hunting in Texas???

DT

Legal? You mean, you actually pay attention to laws?

Did you know that the number one cartridge that kills deer in America is
the .22?

Not legal in any state.

A crossbow is a mercy killing for a deer. The impact and horrendeous
internal blood loss kills quicker than a 30-06 through the lungs.

This is why Politicos are so afraid of crossbows...makes the perfect
assination weapon. It will go through any Kevlar vest and even a near miss
will kill a person quickly through shock and blood loss.
And it's silent and almost as accurate up to almost the same range as a
rifle.

And there are not ballistics forensics to prove. If you get rid of any
arrows in the set immediately afterwards.

They don't have anywhere near the range of a .308. Or even a .223.

There are very few "bullet proof" vests that will stop ANY rifle round.

Of any kind.

And I'd never try to kill a full sized deer with a .22 round. That'd be
slow and cruel. Even with our itty bitty goat-sized Texas White Tails,
it'd take a proper/lucky shot. :-(

Unless you are into miles of tracking...

But, I do agree with you that Crossbows are the perfect assassination
weapon, due to their silence. They can't tell where the shot came from.
That is why they tend to be regulated.

http://budk.com/default.asp?bhcd2=1201108434 sells a decent one for a
reasonable price.

Along with extra "ammo.". g
--
Peace, Om

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Old 23-01-2008, 05:14 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
Victor Martinez wrote:

Cool Whip wrote:
Don't mind ******. When he's bored he responds to posts that are
3.5 years old.

Is it a new troll? I can't recall the alias.

I think, iirc, it's "Mapi"?

Old 23-01-2008, 07:13 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
"oldhickory" wrote:

I guess that's why Buffy and the "Scooby" gang used them to hunt vampires,
huh?

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

Whatever works for you babe.
I personally could never _stand_ Scooby Do".

The attempt at "comedy relief" was always painfully stupid.

Old 23-01-2008, 07:15 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
Sqwertz wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 06:21:14 -0600, Victor Martinez wrote:

Cool Whip wrote:
Don't mind ******. When he's bored he responds to posts that are
3.5 years old.

Is it a new troll? I can't recall the alias.

AKA Mapi, Michael, God, and a few other nyms over the years.
He's the guy that claims I drugged his drink and made him pass
out at an austin.* get-together a few years ago.

"Cool Whip" from the last post is/was me.

-sw

Oh Geez!

Is he the same "GOD" that posts on talk.politics.guns?

I killfiled him after the first hour or so.

Talk about "Painfully stupid"!
At least the Lone Weasel shows a bit of intelligence in his debates,
regardless of whether or not I agree with him.

"GOD" needs to FOAD.

Old 23-01-2008, 10:25 PM posted to austin.gardening

Sqwertz wrote:
AKA Mapi, Michael, God, and a few other nyms over the years.

Ahh... yes. Thanks, I'll add it to my kill file right away.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 24-01-2008, 08:45 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
"oldhickory" wrote:

Oh, actually I was referring to Buffy the Vampire Slayer...They referred to
their little group as the "Scooby gang"...Mockingly, I think.

I never watched Scooby Do either --well once in a while I'd surf by and
listen to the dog for a minute because it reminded me of my favorite great
Dane, Comanche....

Buffy the Vampire Slayer was very different. I discovered it in reruns and
watched the whole thing. It was a blast.

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer was remarkably good. ;-)
A pleasant surprise.

Just like "Charmed".