Old 27-01-2008, 10:43 AM posted to austin.gardening

Default Deer Trouble

And I'd never try to kill a full sized deer with a .22 round. That'd be
slow and cruel. Even with our itty bitty goat-sized Texas White Tails,
it'd take a proper/lucky shot. :-(

Unless you are into miles of tracking...

My 12yo shot her first buck this year with a .22 - very close range, perfect
shot, and he dropped where he was standing.

With hope and heart,
Kathleen

But, I do agree with you that Crossbows are the perfect assassination
weapon, due to their silence. They can't tell where the shot came from.
That is why they tend to be regulated.

http://budk.com/default.asp?bhcd2=1201108434 sells a decent one for a
reasonable price.

Along with extra "ammo.". g
--
Peace, Om

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who
don't."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Old 27-01-2008, 03:12 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
"Kathleen" wrote:

And I'd never try to kill a full sized deer with a .22 round. That'd be
slow and cruel. Even with our itty bitty goat-sized Texas White Tails,
it'd take a proper/lucky shot. :-(

Unless you are into miles of tracking...

My 12yo shot her first buck this year with a .22 - very close range, perfect
shot, and he dropped where he was standing.

With hope and heart,
Kathleen

Tell her well done. :-)

I'm decent with a rifle (including my favorite .22), but I just don't
have the confidence to try something like that...

I don't like my food to suffer. I'm glad hers did not!
Where did she hit him?
--
Peace, Om

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
-- Mark Twain
Old 29-01-2008, 02:14 AM posted to austin.gardening

My 12yo shot her first buck this year with a .22 - very close range,
perfect
shot, and he dropped where he was standing.

With hope and heart,
Kathleen

Tell her well done. :-)

I'm decent with a rifle (including my favorite .22), but I just don't
have the confidence to try something like that...

I don't like my food to suffer. I'm glad hers did not!
Where did she hit him?
--
Peace, Om

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."

-- Mark Twain

She got him right behind the eye, a little 3 point. Tasty meat. She was
sad she didn't get the 11 point that she had been watching, but I am glad
for tender meat in the freezer.

I want to take some self defence /target practice lessons somewhere. I
think it would be good for both of us, without DH around.
With hope and heart,
Kathleen

PS. The ligustrum continues to thrive. DH mistakenly planted it about 6
months ago where I didn't want it, but I let him live and let it stay. I
look forward to it getting bigger and lush like the one the people down the
street have.

Old 30-01-2008, 05:00 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
"Kathleen" wrote:

She got him right behind the eye, a little 3 point.

A head shot!
Impressive. ;-)

Tasty meat. She was
sad she didn't get the 11 point that she had been watching, but I am glad
for tender meat in the freezer.

It was more tender and tasty than an 11 point would have been. g
Y'all would have been making sausage.

I want to take some self defence /target practice lessons somewhere. I
think it would be good for both of us, without DH around.
With hope and heart,
Kathleen

I'm not a pro' teacher, but I'd be delighted to spend some time at
Deitz's range with y'all in New Braunfels.

For pro' training, look he http://www.krtraining.com/

They are remarkably affordable. :-)

PS. The ligustrum continues to thrive. DH mistakenly planted it about 6
months ago where I didn't want it, but I let him live and let it stay. I
look forward to it getting bigger and lush like the one the people down the
street have.

I always have more of those! lol

Old 31-01-2008, 04:46 AM posted to austin.gardening

She got him right behind the eye, a little 3 point.

A head shot!
Impressive. ;-)

Tasty meat. She was
sad she didn't get the 11 point that she had been watching, but I am glad
for tender meat in the freezer.

It was more tender and tasty than an 11 point would have been. g
Y'all would have been making sausage.

I want to take some self defence /target practice lessons somewhere. I
think it would be good for both of us, without DH around.
With hope and heart,
Kathleen

I'm not a pro' teacher, but I'd be delighted to spend some time at
Deitz's range with y'all in New Braunfels.

For pro' training, look he http://www.krtraining.com/

They are remarkably affordable. :-)

thank you, I will keep that in mind!!
Hugs, Kathleen