Old 07-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Drakanthus

Default Fatsia Japonica looking very poorly

I've been growing a Fatsia Japonica for around three years in the same spot,
and it had grown to about three feet tall and looked very healthy. However,
over the last few months most of its leaves have gradually drooped or fallen
off. It now only has two droopy leaves left on it. The rest is just bare
stems. Whole sections of stem just break off very easily if gently pulled.

Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong with it or how to treat it - if it
isn't too late?
Thanks.

--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)

Old 07-06-2003, 05:20 PM
JennyC

"Drakanthus" wrote in message
I've been growing a Fatsia Japonica for around three years in the

same spot,
and it had grown to about three feet tall and looked very healthy.

However,
over the last few months most of its leaves have gradually drooped

or fallen
off. It now only has two droopy leaves left on it. The rest is just

bare
stems. Whole sections of stem just break off very easily if gently

pulled.

Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong with it or how to treat

it - if it
isn't too late?
Thanks. Drakanthus.

I have a similar problem. The lower leaves go yellow and drop of. the
new growth however looks fine.......

Jenny

Old 07-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Drakanthus

I have a similar problem. The lower leaves go yellow and drop of. the
new growth however looks fine.......

Jenny

Mine used to do that. I think that is just part of the natural growth of the
plant losing the older, lower leaves. However mine has got carried away and
is dropping the lot! It seems strange how the stems break so easily too with
barely a nudge - they break cleanly almost like the stems are made of long
sections of lego.
The plant also is not putting out any new growth. I suspect that the whole
plant will be residing in the composter before the Summer is out.

Old 08-06-2003, 10:08 AM
Anne Wheeldon

[...]

Could it be vine weevil?
Anne

Old 09-06-2003, 12:32 AM
Little Badger

"Drakanthus" wrote in message
I've been growing a Fatsia Japonica for around three years in the same

spot,
and it had grown to about three feet tall and looked very healthy.

However,
over the last few months most of its leaves have gradually drooped or

fallen
off. It now only has two droopy leaves left on it. The rest is just bare
stems. Whole sections of stem just break off very easily if gently pulled.

Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong with it or how to treat it - if

it
isn't too late?
Thanks.

--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)

Is it in a sunny spot?
If so move it to a shady spot!
I have three fatsias, all in the shade, and they are doing fine!

I have one in a pot that did what your is doing. I moved it to a shady spot
and it recovered.

Badger

Old 13-06-2003, 05:56 PM
dave johnson

I just bought three this year from garden centres and they had yellow lower
leaves .Kept in shade they are doing fine but have lost the yellow leaves,
but with lots of new leaves,thriving.
"Drakanthus" wrote in message
I've been growing a Fatsia Japonica for around three years in the same

spot,
and it had grown to about three feet tall and looked very healthy.

However,
over the last few months most of its leaves have gradually drooped or

fallen
off. It now only has two droopy leaves left on it. The rest is just bare
stems. Whole sections of stem just break off very easily if gently pulled.

Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong with it or how to treat it - if

it
isn't too late?
Thanks.

--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)

Fatsia japonica looking unhealthy Larry Gagnon United Kingdom 3 21-05-2008 01:44 AM
Fatsia japonica Aly United Kingdom 3 05-08-2005 08:38 PM
Fatsia Japonica LARGE GOONER United Kingdom 2 03-06-2005 05:30 PM
Fatsia japonica Ornata United Kingdom 8 17-03-2005 09:36 PM
Fatsia Japonica Steve Harris United Kingdom 1 21-12-2003 09:32 AM