Old 09-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Dave Henson

Default Eucalyptus

Hi All

I planted a eucalyptus last summer. It was about 3ft high then and now it's
about 14ft high. I want it to grow into a nice looking tree at the far end
of the garden but it is not looking very 'tree shaped' at the moment - just
growing straight up with shoots coming off the main trunk all the way up.

I know if I cut the top out it will help it to bush but that would also
presumably stunt its growth upwards. Does anyone have any tips as to what I
can do to give it a better shape?

Thanks,
Dave Henson.

Old 09-09-2005, 03:47 PM
Steve - www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk

"Dave Henson" wrote in message
Hi All

I planted a eucalyptus last summer. It was about 3ft high then and now
it's about 14ft high. I want it to grow into a nice looking tree at the
far end of the garden but it is not looking very 'tree shaped' at the
moment - just growing straight up with shoots coming off the main trunk
all the way up.

I know if I cut the top out it will help it to bush but that would also
presumably stunt its growth upwards. Does anyone have any tips as to what
I can do to give it a better shape?

Thanks,
Dave Henson.

I have been shaping mine with great success over the last two years. I cut
it back about 4 times a year. Its now got a nice shape and screens where I
want some privacy without being to big.
Steve

--
The UK SpeedTrap Guide" @ www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk
The UK Weather Guide" @ www.ukstorms.com

Old 09-09-2005, 07:49 PM
gardenlen

g'day dave,

just curious what sort of eucalypt is it? just that some will take
heavy pruning/lopping and others well others can become quiet unstable
with the new growth branches.

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.users.bigpond.com/gardenlen1

Should I bring in eucalyptus plant in zone 6b for winter??????? NAearthMOM Gardening 6 24-10-2003 01:02 AM
What to do with Eucalyptus tree Andrew Jackson United Kingdom 2 04-06-2003 10:56 PM
eucalyptus Audrey Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
Repairing a young eucalyptus Wingnut Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:34 AM
eucalyptus Audrey Australia 2 23-02-2003 06:53 AM