Old 14-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Moon~Shadow

Default Dog & Cat Fouling

Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help. We have just finished putting slate
around our front garden but a dog keeps fouling on it and a neighbours cat
too. We have put 'scent off' down which works for so long and then it
starts again. We have a fair idea who's dog it is and a neighbour has had a
similar problem and spoke to the owner. I have contacted the council who
say 'we must see it, or take a photo'. The trouble is we never see it
'doing it' but do see it wandering around - it takes itself for a walk each
day (different times). The neighbours cat has never covered its mess and
the neighbours are ones that don't give a hoot. We have a ranch fence down
both sides of the garden and are considering putting mesh over the timbers
to stop the cat from coming through. The bottom part of the front garden is
open and may result in us having more fence/shrubs and a gate put on so the
dog can't get up the path.

I'm loathe to fence the whole garden in but I don't see what else I can do!
When it doesn't foul our garden, it goes to another one but not to the
scruffy overgrown one next door to us but further down the street. I don't
know if ultrasonic devices will work but these cost almost as much as it
would for extra fencing.

Apologies for the long post but getting fed up with it and any
advice/suggestions appreciated.

Old 14-09-2005, 08:49 AM
Mike

I don't
know if ultrasonic devices will work but these cost almost as much as it
would for extra fencing.

Yes they do, very well. Very very well. Just move it about a bit over a
couple of weeks

Apologies for the long post but getting fed up with it and any
advice/suggestions appreciated.

You will be told by the owners that this subject has been done to death and
you should look up the archives before posting and don't do it again :-((

Ignore them :-))

Mike
Vermin free garden thanks to an electronic vermin gismo :-))))

Old 14-09-2005, 01:09 PM

quote 'You will be told by the owners that this subject has been done
to death and
you should look up the archives before posting and don't do it again
:-((

Ignore them :-)) '

There are no owners of this newsgroup, it is a public one and
unmoderated, but there are a number of FAQs and one is to do with cats
and dogs, can't remember how to access them, but someone will. However,
neither you, nor the council, nor the owners of the cats can do, or be
forced to do anything about the cat mess. Cats are classed as 'wild'
animals, and as such are subject to no laws or bye-laws. Dogs are a
different mattter and owners are responsible.

Mike

Old 14-09-2005, 01:53 PM
Mike

Cats are classed as 'wild'
animals, and as such are subject to no laws or bye-laws.

and as vermin can be shot, skinned, cooked and eaten. Tastes like Rabbit

Mike

Old 15-09-2005, 09:17 AM

Sorry, they are classed as 'wild' not 'vermin' and cannot be shot like
that. You are, legally, not allowed to put your own cat down if it is
ill (or dog), it must be done by a vet.

Mike

Old 15-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Registered User

Location: Bridport, Dorset

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Sorry, they are classed as 'wild' not 'vermin' and cannot be shot like
that. You are, legally, not allowed to put your own cat down if it is
ill (or dog), it must be done by a vet.

Mike
Hi Mike,

Are you allowed to exterminate someone elses cat?

Cheers

Drew
__________________
Loch Sloy
This I'll Defend
Old 15-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Bob Smith

wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry, they are classed as 'wild' not 'vermin' and cannot be shot like
that. You are, legally, not allowed to put your own cat down if it is
ill (or dog), it must be done by a vet.

Mike

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...3Avermin&meta=

They are filthy, destructive and troublesome. Sounds like vermin to me.

Bob

Old 16-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Mike

"Bob Smith" bob@nospamplease wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
Cats are classed as 'wild'
animals, and as such are subject to no laws or bye-laws.

and as vermin can be shot, skinned, cooked and eaten. Tastes like Rabbit

Mike

Got any recipes?

Bob

As I understand it Bob you just treat it as Rabbit. The fur can be used as a
fur trim on slippers etc

Mike

Old 14-09-2005, 02:10 PM
Tumbleweed

wrote in message
oups.com...
quote 'You will be told by the owners that this subject has been done
to death and
you should look up the archives before posting and don't do it again
:-((

Ignore them :-)) '

There are no owners of this newsgroup, it is a public one and
unmoderated, but there are a number of FAQs and one is to do with cats
and dogs, can't remember how to access them, but someone will. However,
neither you, nor the council, nor the owners of the cats can do, or be
forced to do anything about the cat mess. Cats are classed as 'wild'
animals, and as such are subject to no laws or bye-laws. Dogs are a
different mattter and owners are responsible.

Mike

When my new nighbours dog crapped on my parking area I gathered the crap up
in a bag and took it round to them ..havent seen the dog in the road since
:-)

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old 14-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Registered User

When my new nighbours dog crapped on my parking area I gathered the crap up
in a bag and took it round to them ..havent seen the dog in the road since
:-)

Like it!

Or you could always kick said dog up the arse. Just the once like.

Bob
Old 15-09-2005, 09:08 AM
June Hughes

In message .com,
" writes
quote 'You will be told by the owners that this subject has been done
to death and
you should look up the archives before posting and don't do it again
:-((

Ignore them :-)) '

There are no owners of this newsgroup, it is a public one and
unmoderated, but there are a number of FAQs and one is to do with cats
and dogs, can't remember how to access them, but someone will. However,
neither you, nor the council, nor the owners of the cats can do, or be
forced to do anything about the cat mess. Cats are classed as 'wild'
animals, and as such are subject to no laws or bye-laws. Dogs are a
different mattter and owners are responsible.

Hello Mike. I didn't know you subscribed here. I agree with you but it
is annoying to have neighbours' cats in the garden. As well as a water
pistol, I would recommend anyone with problems to get a cat of their
own. That should keep out the neighbouring moggies. As you say, we have
been through this before - many, many times over the years.
--
June Hughes
Old 15-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Mike

Hello Mike. I didn't know you subscribed here.

Yes, the owners don't like it because I speak my mind :-)) They are unable
to 'Rule' over me. Tough.

I agree with you but it
is annoying to have neighbours' cats in the garden. As well as a water
pistol, I would recommend anyone with problems to get a cat of their
own. That should keep out the neighbouring moggies. As you say, we have
been through this before - many, many times over the years.

and it just goes to show what a nuisance the vermin is. Those who own the
damn things can see no wrong in their stupid creatures and think that the
sun shines from somewhere it doesn't. But the thing that puzzles me about
such owners, is why do they have more than one? Nearly all of them have
multiple creatures. I suppose it is so they can annoy more neighbours. If
their creatures are inconsiderate, then it must be a reflection on their
'owners', also inconsiderate.

Watch the owners of this newsgroup spit fire now :-)))))))))))

Mike

Fouling By Cats careen Lawns 8 17-12-2013 04:40 PM
Cats fouling in grass Blairadamwitch Lawns 7 16-07-2010 11:13 AM
CAT FOULING [email protected] Gardening 12 08-05-2005 04:49 AM
How to discourage cats from fouling the Garden? discoverer United Kingdom 27 13-04-2004 04:04 PM
Sears push mower fouling plugs [email protected] Lawns 7 15-07-2003 08:59 PM