Old 14-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Alan Holmes

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message

"Moon~Shadow" wrote in message
Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help. We have just finished putting
slate around our front garden but a dog keeps fouling on it and a
neighbours cat too. We have put 'scent off' down which works for so long
and then it starts again. We have a fair idea who's dog it is and a
neighbour has had a similar problem and spoke to the owner. I have
contacted the council who say 'we must see it, or take a photo'. The
trouble is we never see it 'doing it' but do see it wandering around -

web cam.

I'm loathe to fence the whole garden in but I don't see what else I can
do! When it doesn't foul our garden, it goes to another one but not to
the scruffy overgrown one next door to us but further down the street. I
don't know if ultrasonic devices will work but these cost almost as much
as it would for extra fencing.

Extra fencing for £25? bargain, go for it.

Won't help with the cats though, cats can scale very tall fences.

Alan

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old 15-09-2005, 07:37 AM
Moon~Shadow

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Won't help with the cats though, cats can scale very tall fences.

Alan

I'm only talking of one cat and it is very overweight and so lazy I don't
think it can even jump a fence!

Old 15-09-2005, 07:42 AM
Moon~Shadow

"H Ryder" wrote in message
The neighbours cat has never covered its mess and the neighbours are
ones

that don't give a hoot. We have a ranch fence down
both sides of the garden and are considering putting mesh over the
timbers
to stop the cat from coming through.

in their defence there is not a lot your neighbours can do to stop their
cat
(speaking as a cat owner here ). Also a fence will not work. The cat
will just climb it. The best things to try are water attempt to drench
teh
cat with jugs, water pistols, a hose etc, preferably when they can't see
you. this usually works. The other thing I've found works in pepper dust.
Hayley

The cat has a litter tray just inside the house but it is that small and the
cat is so fat, it is more appropriate for a kitten! If I tried using water
my neighbours have 'mouths' the size of the Mersey and would take great
pleasure in shouting the odds down the street. The cat squeezes through the
fence and putting mesh up would stop it as it is too lazy to do anything
else!

Old 15-09-2005, 07:54 AM
Mike

Extra fencing for £25? bargain, go for it.

Won't help with the cats though, cats can scale very tall fences.

Alan

Only the once if you put carpet gripper strips along the top :-)))

Mike

Old 15-09-2005, 09:08 AM
June Hughes

In message .com,
" writes
quote 'You will be told by the owners that this subject has been done
to death and
you should look up the archives before posting and don't do it again
:-((

Ignore them :-)) '

There are no owners of this newsgroup, it is a public one and
unmoderated, but there are a number of FAQs and one is to do with cats
and dogs, can't remember how to access them, but someone will. However,
neither you, nor the council, nor the owners of the cats can do, or be
forced to do anything about the cat mess. Cats are classed as 'wild'
animals, and as such are subject to no laws or bye-laws. Dogs are a
different mattter and owners are responsible.

Hello Mike. I didn't know you subscribed here. I agree with you but it
is annoying to have neighbours' cats in the garden. As well as a water
pistol, I would recommend anyone with problems to get a cat of their
own. That should keep out the neighbouring moggies. As you say, we have
been through this before - many, many times over the years.
--
June Hughes

Old 15-09-2005, 09:17 AM

Sorry, they are classed as 'wild' not 'vermin' and cannot be shot like
that. You are, legally, not allowed to put your own cat down if it is
ill (or dog), it must be done by a vet.

Mike

Old 15-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Flower Bobdew

Well, as no-one else has mentioned it - and it doesn't appear in the FAQ
I looked at either [yes, clearly this is a common problem!]...

I've just [past two months] tried Silent Roar - bought from the local
garden centre - which is, effectively, lion shite. I don't know how they
know, but wee domestic moggies, seemingly, don't like the thought of
bumping into a lion, even under the cover of darkness!

Its worked well in the back garden, but the front will be a good test
too. I only have a couple of relatively small beds within a large
grassed area [shared with next door] out there, and the constant piling
up of the bark mulch that greets me most mornings' means the lions will
soon be let loose.

Now... About these damned moles... Who clearly aren't afraid of the odd,
rogue lion!!! : 7

--
Flower Bobdew
South Facing Garden
Old 15-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Bob Smith

wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry, they are classed as 'wild' not 'vermin' and cannot be shot like
that. You are, legally, not allowed to put your own cat down if it is
ill (or dog), it must be done by a vet.

Mike

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...3Avermin&meta=

They are filthy, destructive and troublesome. Sounds like vermin to me.

Bob

Old 15-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Mike

Hello Mike. I didn't know you subscribed here.

Yes, the owners don't like it because I speak my mind :-)) They are unable
to 'Rule' over me. Tough.

I agree with you but it
is annoying to have neighbours' cats in the garden. As well as a water
pistol, I would recommend anyone with problems to get a cat of their
own. That should keep out the neighbouring moggies. As you say, we have
been through this before - many, many times over the years.

and it just goes to show what a nuisance the vermin is. Those who own the
damn things can see no wrong in their stupid creatures and think that the
sun shines from somewhere it doesn't. But the thing that puzzles me about
such owners, is why do they have more than one? Nearly all of them have
multiple creatures. I suppose it is so they can annoy more neighbours. If
their creatures are inconsiderate, then it must be a reflection on their
'owners', also inconsiderate.

Watch the owners of this newsgroup spit fire now :-)))))))))))

Mike

Old 15-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Mike

Yes, the owners don't like it because I speak my mind :-)) They are

unable
to 'Rule' over me. Tough.

owners?????

Those who feel that they have more right than anyone else, and carry out
long pally pally chit chat with their friends, which could quite easily go
to email, but no, we have to show we have been here a long time and have
more rights than anyone else :-(( not.

Stick around and they will pop up and take a shot at me, EVEN THOUGH THEY
HAVE KILLFILED ME :-)))) NOT

Mike
:-))))))

Old 15-09-2005, 05:34 PM
June Hughes

In message , Mike
writes

Yes, the owners don't like it because I speak my mind :-)) They are

unable
to 'Rule' over me. Tough.

owners?????

Those who feel that they have more right than anyone else, and carry out
long pally pally chit chat with their friends, which could quite easily go
to email, but no, we have to show we have been here a long time and have
more rights than anyone else :-(( not.

Stick around and they will pop up and take a shot at me, EVEN THOUGH THEY
HAVE KILLFILED ME :-)))) NOT

Mike
:-))))))

Are you really Dave Fawthrop?
--
June Hughes
Old 15-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Mike

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Mike
writes

Yes, the owners don't like it because I speak my mind :-)) They are

unable
to 'Rule' over me. Tough.

owners?????

Those who feel that they have more right than anyone else, and carry out
long pally pally chit chat with their friends, which could quite easily

go
to email, but no, we have to show we have been here a long time and have
more rights than anyone else :-(( not.

Stick around and they will pop up and take a shot at me, EVEN THOUGH THEY
HAVE KILLFILED ME :-)))) NOT

Mike
:-))))))

Are you really Dave Fawthrop?
--
June Hughes

I never use other names.
I am me. :-))
Take me or leave me.
What you see, is what you get.
A very large circle of friends are happy with me, only the poor owners who I
refuse to bow to have a problem, but that is THEIR problem :-))

:-))
Mike

Old 15-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Registered User

Location: Bridport, Dorset

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Sorry, they are classed as 'wild' not 'vermin' and cannot be shot like
that. You are, legally, not allowed to put your own cat down if it is
ill (or dog), it must be done by a vet.

Mike
Hi Mike,

Are you allowed to exterminate someone elses cat?

Cheers

Drew
__________________
Loch Sloy
This I'll Defend
Old 15-09-2005, 08:33 PM
David

In article , Mike
writes

Hello Mike. I didn't know you subscribed here.

Yes, the owners don't like it because I speak my mind :-)) They are unable
to 'Rule' over me. Tough.

Wasn't June replying to Mike from Lincs? you've a grand opinion of
yourself though

Fouling By Cats careen Lawns 8 17-12-2013 04:40 PM
Cats fouling in grass Blairadamwitch Lawns 7 16-07-2010 11:13 AM
CAT FOULING [email protected] Gardening 12 08-05-2005 04:49 AM
How to discourage cats from fouling the Garden? discoverer United Kingdom 27 13-04-2004 04:04 PM
Sears push mower fouling plugs [email protected] Lawns 7 15-07-2003 08:59 PM