Old 15-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Mike

"David" wrote in message
In article , Mike
writes

Hello Mike. I didn't know you subscribed here.

Yes, the owners don't like it because I speak my mind :-)) They are

unable
to 'Rule' over me. Tough.

Wasn't June replying to Mike from Lincs? you've a grand opinion of
yourself though

Oh!! Someone else who doesn't like me saying how it is. Poor you :-((

That's almost a handful now :-)

Old 15-09-2005, 08:56 PM
Jack Ouzzi

Davy wrote:
I have found that tea bags soaked in Jayes Fluid can prevent foxes and cats
fouling particular areas. It cheap and simple.

cheers

Davy

Tried that Davy, but the tea tastes bloody awful ;-)

Old 15-09-2005, 09:33 PM
David

In article , Mike
writes

"David" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Mike
writes

Hello Mike. I didn't know you subscribed here.

Yes, the owners don't like it because I speak my mind :-)) They are

unable
to 'Rule' over me. Tough.

Wasn't June replying to Mike from Lincs? you've a grand opinion of
yourself though

Oh!! Someone else who doesn't like me saying how it is. Poor you :-((

That's almost a handful now :-)

I only pointed out that I think June was replying to Mike from Lincs
before your ego got in the way, but for the record I've always thought
you to be a bit of an arse ever since you posted the nonsense about
having to resign as a councillor so you could fight private battles.

--
David
Old 15-09-2005, 10:43 PM
Mike

I only pointed out that I think June was replying to Mike from Lincs
before your ego got in the way, but for the record I've always thought
you to be a bit of an arse ever since you posted the nonsense about
having to resign as a councillor so you could fight private battles.

--
David

Not nonsense at all. If I want action I get it. I was 'tied' as a
councillor. And BTW, get your facts right, I didn't resign, I just didn't
stand at the next Elections. There is a bit of a difference.

The amount of pratts on this newsgroup is quite amazing, where do you all
come from? Why do you control freaks come onto this newsgroup?

This newsgroup and gardening would be such a wonderful thing if you were to
take your fingers off the 'I am in charge' button.

Old 15-09-2005, 11:12 PM
David

In article , Mike
writes

I only pointed out that I think June was replying to Mike from Lincs
before your ego got in the way, but for the record I've always thought
you to be a bit of an arse ever since you posted the nonsense about
having to resign as a councillor so you could fight private battles.

--
David

Not nonsense at all. If I want action I get it. I was 'tied' as a
councillor. And BTW, get your facts right, I didn't resign, I just didn't
stand at the next Elections. There is a bit of a difference.

The amount of pratts on this newsgroup is quite amazing, where do you all
come from? Why do you control freaks come onto this newsgroup?

This newsgroup and gardening would be such a wonderful thing if you were to
take your fingers off the 'I am in charge' button.

Mike, you really do need to get a life

--
David

Old 16-09-2005, 08:10 AM
Mike

Mike, you really do need to get a life

--
David

????????

You have my deepest sympathy for you problem. I should try and change your
life style if I were you, it might clear your problem up.

Have a nice day ........ if you can.

Mike

Old 16-09-2005, 08:44 AM
Bob Smith

"Mike" wrote in message
Cats are classed as 'wild'
animals, and as such are subject to no laws or bye-laws.

and as vermin can be shot, skinned, cooked and eaten. Tastes like Rabbit

Mike

Got any recipes?

Bob

Old 16-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Mike

"Bob Smith" bob@nospamplease wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
Cats are classed as 'wild'
animals, and as such are subject to no laws or bye-laws.

and as vermin can be shot, skinned, cooked and eaten. Tastes like Rabbit

Mike

Got any recipes?

Bob

As I understand it Bob you just treat it as Rabbit. The fur can be used as a
fur trim on slippers etc

Mike

Old 16-09-2005, 09:23 AM
Bob Smith

"Mike" wrote in message
Cats are classed as 'wild'
animals, and as such are subject to no laws or bye-laws.

and as vermin can be shot, skinned, cooked and eaten. Tastes like
Rabbit

Mike

Got any recipes?

Bob

As I understand it Bob you just treat it as Rabbit. The fur can be used as
fur trim on slippers etc

Or a small rug...

Bob

Old 16-09-2005, 09:28 AM
Mike

"Mike" wrote in message
Cats are classed as 'wild'
animals, and as such are subject to no laws or bye-laws.

and as vermin can be shot, skinned, cooked and eaten. Tastes like
Rabbit

Mike

Got any recipes?

Bob

As I understand it Bob you just treat it as Rabbit. The fur can be used

as
fur trim on slippers etc

Or a small rug...

Bob

Two cats would make a pair of slippers :-))

Mike

Old 16-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Bob Smith

http://www.loko.ch/creative_corner/catslippers.gif

Old 16-09-2005, 12:38 PM
Mike

"Mike" wrote in message
Cats are classed as 'wild'
animals, and as such are subject to no laws or bye-laws.

and as vermin can be shot, skinned, cooked and eaten. Tastes like
Rabbit

Mike

Got any recipes?

Bob

As I understand it Bob you just treat it as Rabbit. The fur can be

used
as
fur trim on slippers etc

Or a small rug...

Bob

Two cats would make a pair of slippers :-))

Mike

http://www.loko.ch/creative_corner/catslippers.gif

Now there's a good use for cats :-)) The first one yet

Mike

Old 16-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Jupiter

"Mike" wrote in message
Cats are classed as 'wild'
animals, and as such are subject to no laws or bye-laws.

and as vermin can be shot, skinned, cooked and eaten. Tastes like
Rabbit

Mike

Got any recipes?

Bob

As I understand it Bob you just treat it as Rabbit. The fur can be

used
as
fur trim on slippers etc

Or a small rug...

Bob

Two cats would make a pair of slippers :-))

Mike

http://www.loko.ch/creative_corner/catslippers.gif

Now there's a good use for cats :-)) The first one yet

Mike

The Theft Act 1968 - it is an offence to steal a cat

The Protection of Animals Act 1911 as extended by later legislation -
it is an offence to cruelly ill-treat, beat, kick, infuriate, carry or
convey in a manner which causes unnecessary suffering, commit any act
that will cause unnecessary suffering, abandon or cause to be
abandoned any cat or kitten and to cause anyone to do any of these.

Criminal Damage Act 1971 - Any person who destroys or damages, or
threatens to destroy or damage a cat belonging to another person may
be committing an offence under this Act.

Because cats fall outside of the definitions of cattle or livestock
under the Animals Act 1971 they cannot be held guilty of trespass
under civil law and their owners therefore cannot be held liable for
damage.

There are also laws which could, in the right circumstances, protect
you from the nuisance of cats:

The Environmental Protection Act 1990 - proceedings can be brought
when, in the opinion of the local authority, there is a statutory
nuisance caused by an animal kept in such a place or manner as to be
prejudicial to health or a nuisance.

The Public Health Act 1936 - A local authority can make bye-laws
preventing the keeping of animals so as to be prejudicial to health.

Old 16-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Bob Smith

"Mike" wrote in message
Cats are classed as 'wild'
animals, and as such are subject to no laws or bye-laws.

and as vermin can be shot, skinned, cooked and eaten. Tastes
like
Rabbit

Mike

Got any recipes?

Bob

As I understand it Bob you just treat it as Rabbit. The fur can be

used
as
fur trim on slippers etc

Or a small rug...

Bob

Two cats would make a pair of slippers :-))

Mike

http://www.loko.ch/creative_corner/catslippers.gif

Now there's a good use for cats :-)) The first one yet

Mike

The Theft Act 1968 - it is an offence to steal a cat

Cats are not property. When dogs were licensed you had to inform the owner
if you ran one over - not so with a cat.

The Protection of Animals Act 1911 as extended by later legislation -
it is an offence to cruelly ill-treat, beat, kick, infuriate, carry or
convey in a manner which causes unnecessary suffering, commit any act
that will cause unnecessary suffering, abandon or cause to be
abandoned any cat or kitten and to cause anyone to do any of these.

It specifically mentions cats? What about rats and mice, who have poisons
specifically made and openly marketed for them? I would think a humane
dispatch of a cat would be within the above mentioned law.

Criminal Damage Act 1971 - Any person who destroys or damages, or
threatens to destroy or damage a cat belonging to another person may
be committing an offence under this Act.

Again, I doubt cats were mentioned at all in this case, although they are
animals, and would come under animal protection laws.

Because cats fall outside of the definitions of cattle or livestock
under the Animals Act 1971 they cannot be held guilty of trespass
under civil law and their owners therefore cannot be held liable for
damage.

There are also laws which could, in the right circumstances, protect
you from the nuisance of cats:

The Environmental Protection Act 1990 - proceedings can be brought
when, in the opinion of the local authority, there is a statutory
nuisance caused by an animal kept in such a place or manner as to be
prejudicial to health or a nuisance.

The Public Health Act 1936 - A local authority can make bye-laws
preventing the keeping of animals so as to be prejudicial to health.

As far as I am concerned, if it is a pet, it should be under control. Keep
it on a lead, or in the house, otherwise it is a stray. The old witch near
me with 7 cats and no litter tray is a threat to human health, since her
cats use my garden as a toilet.

Bob

Old 16-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Mike

As far as I am concerned, if it is a pet, it should be under control.

Keep
it on a lead, or in the house, otherwise it is a stray. The old witch

near
me with 7 cats and no litter tray is a threat to human health, since her
cats use my garden as a toilet.

Bob

7 cats? 3 pairs of slippers and a spare :-))

and off course 7 Rabbit look alike pies :-))

Fouling By Cats careen Lawns 8 17-12-2013 04:40 PM
Cats fouling in grass Blairadamwitch Lawns 7 16-07-2010 11:13 AM
CAT FOULING [email protected] Gardening 12 08-05-2005 04:49 AM
How to discourage cats from fouling the Garden? discoverer United Kingdom 27 13-04-2004 04:04 PM
Sears push mower fouling plugs [email protected] Lawns 7 15-07-2003 08:59 PM