Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Joe McElvenney

Default Picking Pears

Hi,

I have just the one conference pear tree that usually produces
a good crop. In the past I've left picking them until the first
week in October but this year they seem to be falling off earlier
than usual and at this rate I won't have any left to pick. So to
my question; is the middle of September too early to pick them?
And, is there any simple way to tell the correct time to do this
as the method of gently lifting the fruit while twisting slightly
never seems to work for me.

Also, in general, are the apples/pears on a tree ready about
the same time or should they be picked over a period.

Worried - South Yorkshire

Pears - Pears.jpg (0/1) Steve Newport Edible Gardening 1 26-06-2006 06:23 AM
picking a small tree James Texas 6 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
picking a small tree in Austin Texas James Lawns 1 19-03-2003 12:44 AM
picking a small tree James Texas 6 16-03-2003 11:56 PM
Need help picking a grass Angie Gardening 3 04-03-2003 03:39 PM