Old 15-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Registered User

Location: Lincoln Linconshire
Default Other peoples cat's

Can other gardeners tell me how to stop cat's using my garden as a "WC". Taking into account that I'm not a dog lover either, nor do I own a gun.

Thank's
Michael. (old git)
__________________
Michael.
http:www.gettingitcheaper.co.uk
Old 15-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Harold Walker

news

--
old git.......from another 'old git....wot about a catapult...cheap and
easy to make

Old 15-10-2005, 09:37 PM
John Smith

"old git" wrote in message
news

Can other gardeners tell me how to stop cat's using my garden as a "WC".
Taking into account that I'm not a dog lover either, nor do I own a
gun.

Thank's
Michael. (old git)

--
old git

The method that works but people refuse to believe it is this... for several
weeks urinate in various parts of your garden. Oviously, not on your lawn
but.. it actually works... After a few weeks of doing this constantly the
cats will stop coming... The only problem is if you are a gal... If you are
of the female variety then you will have to find a nice man who is prepared
to let you have him sprinkle.

It is all to do with the fact that we are all animals and, whether we
believe it or not, the male of the species is pretty near the top of pecking
order and, as this was shown on one of those BBC wildlife programmes, a
Human male urinating is basically marking his territory. The cats gets the
message. Alas, female human urine does not work.

Old 15-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Alan Holmes

"Harold Walker" wrote in message
news

"old git" wrote in message
news

Can other gardeners tell me how to stop cat's using my garden as a "WC".
Taking into account that I'm not a dog lover either, nor do I own a
gun.

Thank's
Michael. (old git)

--
old git.......from another 'old git....wot about a catapult...cheap and
easy to make

And when you project a stone, or whatever, it doesn't go anywhere near the
cat!

Alan

Old 15-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Harold Walker

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Harold Walker" wrote in message
news

"old git" wrote in message
news

Can other gardeners tell me how to stop cat's using my garden as a "WC".
Taking into account that I'm not a dog lover either, nor do I own a
gun.

Thank's
Michael. (old git)

--

old git.......from another 'old git....wot about a catapult...cheap and
easy to make

And when you project a stone, or whatever, it doesn't go anywhere near the
cat!

Alan

Just needs a little practice

Old 15-10-2005, 11:25 PM
cineman

there is a plant called something like scaredy cat which is supposed to be a
deterrent.

also check this site
http://www.deteracat.co.uk/

regards
another old git!
Cineman

news

Old 15-10-2005, 11:47 PM
Cereus-validus.......

Don't make the soil in your garden into a friendly place for cats to take a
dump.

Use mulch and ground covers.

news

Old 16-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Geoff

It's expensive, but have a look at www.scatmat.com . I bought a Scarecrow
to stop badgers, cats and herons and it certainly worked; the drawback is
that it gets me now and again when I forget to turn off the water!! I do
not use it all the time but at any sign of offenders returning I turn it on
and they soon learn to keep away.

Old 16-10-2005, 11:51 AM
MELANIE MCDONALD

I've found that a spray of water from a water pistol tends to put them off
after a few times. You can get long range ones from toy shops.
Mel.

Old 16-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Kay

Default Other peoples cat's - OT response

Interesting how the use of the apostrophe seems to be completely
reversing in this age - once it was used for possessives but not
plurals, now it appears to be the other way around.
--
Kay

Old 16-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Rod Craddock

"Kay" wrote in message

Interesting how the use of the apostrophe seems to be completely
reversing in this age - once it was used for possessives but not
plurals, now it appears to be the other way around.

Perhap's the ops' a greengrocer.
--
Rod

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.

Old 16-10-2005, 08:58 PM
cineman

"Kay" wrote in message

Interesting how the use of the apostrophe seems to be completely
reversing in this age - once it was used for possessives but not
plurals, now it appears to be the other way around.
--
Kay

Pardon?
When I as at school, on our chalk boards we were taught to use those
squiggly little things (thing's) to show plural plural's ?? and in such
case's cases ?? as isnt or isn't, or where I come from aint.
From this yo no are dow now worarm torkin abaht.
regards
cineman
LOL

Old 16-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Harold Walker

"cineman" wrote in message
k...

"Kay" wrote in message

Interesting how the use of the apostrophe seems to be completely
reversing in this age - once it was used for possessives but not
plurals, now it appears to be the other way around.
--
Kay

Pardon?
When I as at school, on our chalk boards we were taught to use those
squiggly little things (thing's) to show plural plural's ?? and in such
case's cases ?? as isnt or isn't, or where I come from aint.
From this yo no are dow now worarm torkin abaht.
regards
cineman
LOL

where I cums from knew nowt about things like that at all at all

Old 16-10-2005, 09:36 PM
cineman

"Kay" wrote in message

Interesting how the use of the apostrophe seems to be completely
reversing in this age - once it was used for possessives but not
plurals, now it appears to be the other way around.
--
Kay

Pardon?
When I as at school, on our chalk boards we were taught to use those
squiggly little things (thing's) to show plural plural's ?? and in such
case's cases ?? as isnt or isn't, or where I come from aint.
From this yo no are dow now worarm torkin abaht.
regards
cineman
LOL
I hope this post doesnt show twice Some of my posts have gone missing
My apologies if it is repeated

Old 16-10-2005, 10:41 PM
Registered User

[quote=Rod Craddock]"

Perhap's the ops' a greengrocer.
--
Rod

QUOTE]

greengrocers have special dispensation...or so i been told

Is a animal chaser/cat utrasonic cat deterrent harmful? [email protected] United Kingdom 3 21-04-2015 09:40 AM
Patio Garden, Cat Friendly help requested Bill Gates Gardening 6 17-03-2011 05:05 PM
Hello Peoples FairRicci Bamboo 0 13-03-2010 02:59 PM
LINDA WEST of CHIPMAN UNITED VAN LINES likes to commit Fraud & Forgery and she likes to put peoples names on moving contracts without there Knowledge. Caton Mayflower Moving & Storage Movers & Relocation Dublin,ca & concord,ca 925) 876-7441, 925-887- vinkovci United Kingdom 1 11-10-2005 10:48 PM
Re(2): Seven Biggest Cat Boxes in the County Charlie Edible Gardening 1 22-03-2003 02:32 PM