Old 19-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Tumbleweed

Default Went to buy a lawnmower from the garden centre...

rant

....no lawnmowers at all , not a single one, it appears to be a bloody Xmas
decoration shop now. Havent they heard of global warming, the grass never
stops growing now?

Went home, ordered one from Amazon, it arrived 48 hours later. Wont be going
back next time I want something, even after Xmas.

rant over

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old 20-10-2005, 12:37 AM
Peter Stockdale

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
rant

...no lawnmowers at all , not a single one, it appears to be a bloody Xmas
decoration shop now. Havent they heard of global warming, the grass never
stops growing now?

Went home, ordered one from Amazon, it arrived 48 hours later. Wont be
going back next time I want something, even after Xmas.

rant over

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Similar at my local Do it All - just one mower on display.
It will soon be Christmas all year if we don't put our feet down.

Pete( apps for pers em err)
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 20-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Bob Hobden

"Peter Stockdale" wrote after
"Tumbleweed" ranted
...no lawnmowers at all , not a single one, it appears to be a bloody
Xmas decoration shop now. Havent they heard of global warming, the grass
never stops growing now?

Went home, ordered one from Amazon, it arrived 48 hours later. Wont be
going back next time I want something, even after Xmas.

rant over

Similar at my local Do it All - just one mower on display.
It will soon be Christmas all year if we don't put our feet down.

Had to visit Homebase, Staines yesterday and they had a whole isle full of
mowers.
However, if you look in your local Yellow Pages you should find a garden
machinery supplier near you and they will usually have the full range all
year round.
Saw a lovely yellow JCB lawn tractor the other day at
http://www.davidjattfield.co.uk/ all I now need is the excuse of a big lawn.

--
Regards
Bob

Old 20-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Peter Stockdale

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Had to visit Homebase, Staines yesterday and they had a whole isle full
of

mowers.
However, if you look in your local Yellow Pages you should find a garden
machinery supplier near you and they will usually have the full range all
year round.
Saw a lovely yellow JCB lawn tractor the other day at
http://www.davidjattfield.co.uk/ all I now need is the excuse of a big
lawn.

--
Regards
Bob
In Runnymede, 17 miles West of London

Perhaps you did Bob - but it does not seem to feature on the url you quote!
Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 20-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Road_HogŪ

"Peter Stockdale" wrote in message

Perhaps you did Bob - but it does not seem to feature on the url you
quote!
Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

It's on the JCB website, but it's not made by JCB, but it is one of the
better products they have branded, most of their other branded products are,
to use the technical term fairy shite.

Old 20-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Road_HogŪ

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
rant

...no lawnmowers at all , not a single one, it appears to be a bloody Xmas
decoration shop now. Havent they heard of global warming, the grass never
stops growing now?

Garden centres are for plants, if you want a lawnmower, pick up the Yellow
Pages and look under lawnmowers. Where you will find garden machinery
dealers that sell lawnmowers all year round.

Old 20-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Road_HogŪ" contains these words:

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
rant

...no lawnmowers at all , not a single one, it appears to be a
bloody Xmas
decoration shop now. Havent they heard of global warming, the grass never
stops growing now?

Garden centres are for plants, if you want a lawnmower, pick up the Yellow
Pages and look under lawnmowers. Where you will find garden machinery
dealers that sell lawnmowers all year round.

Plus, they offer spares, repairs, sharpening and servicing, and can
help you choose the right machine for your needs. They'll usually fuel
up your choice and let you try it before buying. Gardencentres and
"sheds" don't offer those valuable benefits and expertise, and they
don't stock such a wide range either.

Janet.
Janet
Old 20-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Pam Moore

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:00:34 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

Wont be
going back next time I want something, even after Xmas.

M&S also today! The area that contained clothes last week is now full
of Christmas stuff! Has anyone heard Christmas music in shops yet? It
won't be long! I pity the shop assistants. We haven't had Hallowe'en
yet!

Pam in Bristol
Old 20-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Bob Hobden

"Peter Stockdale" wrote after
"Bob Hobden"wrote ...

Well here it is.... http://www.jbbackhouse.co.uk/jcb-diesel.htm

Old 21-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Peter Stockdale

wrote:

Wont be
going back next time I want something, even after Xmas.

M&S also today! The area that contained clothes last week is now full
of Christmas stuff! Has anyone heard Christmas music in shops yet? It
won't be long! I pity the shop assistants. We haven't had Hallowe'en
yet!

Pam in Bristol

No !
I don't pity shop assistants - they do have the choice of getting a proper
job.
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 21-10-2005, 08:50 AM
David

In article , Peter Stockdale
writes

.. .
wrote:

Wont be
going back next time I want something, even after Xmas.

M&S also today! The area that contained clothes last week is now full
of Christmas stuff! Has anyone heard Christmas music in shops yet? It
won't be long! I pity the shop assistants. We haven't had Hallowe'en
yet!

Pam in Bristol

No !
I don't pity shop assistants - they do have the choice of getting a proper
job.
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Really? my daughters 15 and working as a shop assistant outside of
school, what other "proper job" do you suggest?

--
David
Old 21-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Kay

In article , Peter Stockdale
writes

.. .
wrote:

Wont be
going back next time I want something, even after Xmas.

M&S also today! The area that contained clothes last week is now full
of Christmas stuff! Has anyone heard Christmas music in shops yet? It
won't be long! I pity the shop assistants. We haven't had Hallowe'en
yet!

No !
I don't pity shop assistants - they do have the choice of getting a proper
job.
Pete

Such as?
--
Kay

Old 21-10-2005, 12:24 PM
Mike Lyle

David wrote:
In article , Peter Stockdale

[...]
No !
I don't pity shop assistants - they do have the choice of getting

proper job.
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Really? my daughters 15 and working as a shop assistant outside of
school, what other "proper job" do you suggest?

Well, I'm sure Peter has some ideas, but how about astronaut, Formula
1 car designer, or Archbishop, to name only the first proper jobs
that come to mind? Any 15-year-old with a bit of gumption should be
able to get one of those for evenings and weekends. Why, I don't want
to brag, but three of my children even managed to find jobs at call
centres!

--
Mike.

Old 21-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Road_HogŪ

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Why, I don't want
to brag, but three of my children even managed to find jobs at call
centres!

How are they finding Bangalore at this time of year, a bit hot?

Old 21-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Mike Lyle

Road_HogŪ wrote:
"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Why, I don't want
to brag, but three of my children even managed to find jobs at

call
centres!

How are they finding Bangalore at this time of year, a bit hot?

Arf! No, they've gone straight now -- if being students qualifies as
"going straight": if they'd been offered a free trip to Bangalore I'd
have elbowed them out of the way myself!

--
Mike.

Don't buy a plastic greenhouse from the garden centre! Gadget Man United Kingdom 14 10-05-2007 07:39 PM
747 Lawnmower ?..............Yes, this is real, a flying Lawnmower Hansi Gardening 2 13-07-2006 10:24 AM
747 Lawnmower ?..............Yes, this is real, a flying Lawnmower Hansi United Kingdom 1 13-07-2006 12:26 AM
747 Lawnmower ?..............Yes, this is real, a flying Lawnmower Hansi Lawns 0 13-07-2006 12:01 AM
Went out to buy ... J Fortuna Orchids 3 22-08-2004 06:43 PM