Old 29-10-2005, 05:21 PM
John

Default Vines, time to cut back?

Being new to growing grapes in the greenhouse and having had a lot on the
vines this year can I ask a couple of questions please--

1.the grapes (black) were very sweet and tasty, but had a tough skin and
quite watery inside- what can I do to change this next season?

2. is this the time yet to start pruning back and also taking cuttings for
next year?

Many thanks for any help

Jo

Old 29-10-2005, 05:46 PM
David Rance

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 John wrote:
Being new to growing grapes in the greenhouse and having had a lot on the
vines this year can I ask a couple of questions please--

1.the grapes (black) were very sweet and tasty, but had a tough skin and
quite watery inside- what can I do to change this next season?

2. is this the time yet to start pruning back and also taking cuttings for
next year?

A little early. Leave it another month, at least. Best time for taking
cuttings is December-January.

David
--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK