Old 24-11-2005, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default Mind your own business

Anyone any ideas as to how to stop this rampant weed?

Now getting into all the ground hugging plants.

Mike

Old 24-11-2005, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
p.k.

Mike wrote:
Anyone any ideas as to how to stop this rampant weed?

Now getting into all the ground hugging plants.

Mike

Move house and don't take any plants with you from the garden.

(;-)

pk

Old 24-11-2005, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
An Oasis

Mike wrote:
Anyone any ideas as to how to stop this rampant weed?

Now getting into all the ground hugging plants.

Mike

Hi Mike

MYOB is a bugger to get rid of. In grass you have 2 options

1. It is resistant to selective weed killers. Try raking it out, but be
careful, if you are not it will spread to unaffected areas. Then feed
the grass and allow it to grow longer to out-compete the MYOB!
2. Kill off the patch of lawn adn re sow when MYOB has gone

Anywhere else weed killer like Glyphosate will remove it, however, we
would normally use Glyphosate to clear MYOB prior to planting and then
plant, you will get some sepage!!!

Hope this helps, good luck!

Yours

www.realoasis.com

Old 24-11-2005, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

"An Oasis" wrote in message
ups.com...

Mike wrote:
Anyone any ideas as to how to stop this rampant weed?

Now getting into all the ground hugging plants.

Mike

Hi Mike

MYOB is a bugger to get rid of. In grass you have 2 options

1. It is resistant to selective weed killers. Try raking it out, but be
careful, if you are not it will spread to unaffected areas. Then feed
the grass and allow it to grow longer to out-compete the MYOB!
2. Kill off the patch of lawn adn re sow when MYOB has gone

Anywhere else weed killer like Glyphosate will remove it, however, we
would normally use Glyphosate to clear MYOB prior to planting and then
plant, you will get some sepage!!!

Hope this helps, good luck!

Yours

www.realoasis.com

Thanks for that, but it is in amongst the Heathers :-((

Mike
ps
Moving isn't an option. We have a nice house now, nice and convenient
location and super neighbours. In order to stay here, we have already
decided not to sell off the back garden for building as we A) Don't wish to
move, B) Cannot find anywhere more convenient and C) don't need the money
from a prospective building plot :-))

Old 24-11-2005, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

Thanks for that, but it is in amongst the Heathers :-((

It may have to be a get-down-on-your-knees job, and pray - and if that
fails, take a jar of glyphosate and a kiddies' paintbrush to them.

The odd leaf wetted thus should kill it all off eventually, the
elasticity of 'eventually' depending on how thorough you can be.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 25-11-2005, 06:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

Thanks for that, but it is in amongst the Heathers :-((

It may have to be a get-down-on-your-knees job, and pray - and if that
fails, take a jar of glyphosate and a kiddies' paintbrush to them.

The odd leaf wetted thus should kill it all off eventually, the
elasticity of 'eventually' depending on how thorough you can be.

--

"very" I am afraid and will get worse over the next 4 month period. It seems
to carry on growing round the year :-((

Old 25-11-2005, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"Mike" wrote in message
Anyone any ideas as to how to stop this rampant weed?

Now getting into all the ground hugging plants.

Mike

Soleirolia soleirolli ?
I never realised anyone thought of this plant as a weed (honest). I have a
garden full of this stuff and actively encourage it to grow . It acts as a
living mulch on my fast draining rocky soil.
It appears to be quite well behaved and stays about a few inches high except
in really wet areas where it can be more rampant.
Having said all that I am the chap that actually likes Heracleum
mantegazzianum

Old 25-11-2005, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

The odd leaf wetted thus should kill it all off eventually, the
elasticity of 'eventually' depending on how thorough you can be.

--

"very" I am afraid and will get worse over the next 4 month period. It seems
to carry on growing round the year :-((

Grows round everything els too...

Old 25-11-2005, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

"very" I am afraid and will get worse over the next 4 month period. It

seems
to carry on growing round the year :-((

Grows round everything els too...

:-((

Yes that's what I mean.

Can't really ask your house sitters to weed the garden in the winter can
you? :-(

Mike

Old 25-11-2005, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

"very" I am afraid and will get worse over the next 4 month period. It

seems
to carry on growing round the year :-((

Grows round everything els too...

:-((

Yes that's what I mean.

Can't really ask your house sitters to weed the garden in the winter can
you? :-(

You could always try to persuade tham that they're carnivorous, and once
they get going they creep into the house under the doors at night, trail
up the stairs and strangle their victims as they sleep...

Old 25-11-2005, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

You could always try to persuade tham that they're carnivorous, and once
they get going they creep into the house under the doors at night, trail
up the stairs and strangle their victims as they sleep...

Sorry, I never knowingly tell lies. Ask Mabbett.

Do you like my sig? Thought I would 'advertise' as well :-))
--
British Korean Veterans' Association Reunion 6th - 9th October 2006 South
Downs Holiday Village Nr Chichester

Old 25-11-2005, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 25/11/05 18:00, in article
, "Mike"
wrote:

Sorry, I never knowingly tell lies. Ask Mabbett.

You lie like a rug. And would you like to explain to this group why you are
attempting to bully someone who no longer posts here, thanks to you. You
unmitigated shit. You are a liar. Sue me.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 25-11-2005, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

:-))

Killfiled am I Sacha?

You just cannot resist me can you :-))

Sorry, not available :-))

Mike :-))

(By the way, do you like my sig? Advertising like you do :-))

--
British Korean Veterans' Association Reunion 6th - 9th October 2006
South Downs Holiday Village Nr Chichester
I. F. O. S. Portsmouth 2007. Contact me NOW for representation at this
prestigiuos Royal Navy shop window
"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
On 25/11/05 18:00, in article
, "Mike"

Old 25-11-2005, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

You
unmitigated shit.
--
Sacha

Language of a 'Lady'? "I think not", in the words of a past member of this
newsgroup

Gutter language.

WELL beneath me.

Mike

Old 25-11-2005, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
middleton.walker

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
On 25/11/05 18:00, in article
, "Mike"
wrote:

Sorry, I never knowingly tell lies. Ask Mabbett.

You lie like a rug. And would you like to explain to this group why you
are
attempting to bully someone who no longer posts here, thanks to you. You
unmitigated shit. You are a liar. Sue me.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

If one wishes to learn the vulgarities of the English language just tune
into uk.rec.gardening news group