Old 15-12-2005, 03:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
madgardener

Default Planting bulbs on a late Winter's afternoon (this is rather long, so be warned.....it's been awhile)

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "PammyT" contains these words:

Someone emailed me and told me is was an American chain of stores. If
this
is the case, why post about it on a U.K. newsgroup? It has no relevance
here
since there aren't any of these places over here.

Because YOU asked her , here

The message
from "PammyT" contains these words:

"madgardener" wrote in message
I had come into a mother lode of discarded bulbs behind a Lowes last
week,

What is a lowes?

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Her location in America was clear to you in the sig of her post ,
which you replied to.

Janet

and this is why I love ya so..................................gbseg
maddie

Old 15-12-2005, 03:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
madgardener

"Rupert" wrote in message

"TR" you @me wrote in message ...
who writes about her escapades with
gardening and the critters and fairies

come on then prove that statement i want pictures of the fairies
as appose to the fairys who reside around here
dave
if you got em you can prove it im sure

we got pictsies
blue wiv attitude round here see mr T Prattchet for proof

dave

She has already posted this link--but just for your benefit here it is
again
http://www.cottingleyconnect.org.uk/fairs.htm

well love, I hate to say it, but those damn fairies are so quick, that my
little inexpensive Canon digital just can't seem to grab their images. But I
tell you, I see their handiwork every day when I go outside and look at and
admire the little magic moments in my raised gardens. Besides, the wee
faerie folk are a bit camera shy.................if you squint really hard
and try and focus when hummingbirds and butterflies are flitting about, you
might catch sight of a smaller flower fairy riding them and laughing their
faces off. My proof that mine are around here in my holler is that they
keep moving my bulbs! And planting flowers where I never had them before.
madgardener, up on the ridge, back in Faerie Holler, overlooking English
Mountain in this crisp, bright, almost full moon just before Winter
Solstice, in Eastern Tennessee, growing zone 7, Sunset zone 36

Old 15-12-2005, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea

In article , madgardener
writes
hope this doesn't offend you, as it was never my intention. and I'll be
posting more gardening essays and rambling bits of horticultural escapades
in the future. and yes, I am a bit wordy. it's always been my nature. I
talk like I write, and visa versa. Have a great hump day and week sugar.

Keep on posting; I was feeling rather tired as a result of crawling
around the floor yesterday at my daughter's house in London. Why was I
on all fours - oh yes, I was chasing my baby grandson, we had such a
great time that he was sick through laughing and I had to change his
nappy, plus his best, and all his outer clothes because Granny didn't
realise he needed changing (bunged up nose) - oh, the mess, almost right
up to his neck - when my daughter returned she sternly rebuked me for
causing extra washing!! Cheek.

Your posting made me smile and I have got a mental vision of you - do
you wear gold slippers by any chance?
--
Judith Lea
Old 15-12-2005, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea

In article , Sacha
writes

You think this group needs MORE 'gold slipper women'? I bet Maddie doesn't
have your adventures with a chamber pot, either! ;-)))

Nuff said

--
Judith Lea

Old 15-12-2005, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PammyT

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

Her location in America was clear to you in the sig of her post ,
which you replied to.

I never bother reading sig's.

Old 15-12-2005, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La puce

madgardener wrote:
.............if you squint really hard
and try and focus when hummingbirds and butterflies are flitting about, you
might catch sight of a smaller flower fairy riding them and laughing their
faces off. My proof that mine are around here in my holler is that they
keep moving my bulbs!

Ha! My proof that mine are around here in my damp dark green garden is
that they keep jumping from the fence onto the cars parked in the
street and start the alarms ringing! But seriously ... I know they
there when one of my cats comes in flying through the cat door, then I
know it's being chased see, by a great big fat fairy with a poking
stick.

think Must get an helmet for that cat. S'gonna go crazy throwing
itself at the cat door like that.

Old 15-12-2005, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La puce

Janet Baraclough wrote:
Well, lets see; do UK gardeners mention hearing wild turkeys in the
garden?

Yes. In some Scottish brewery they do. They're better than dogs
apparently )

Old 15-12-2005, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
madgardener

by the way, Janet.......I got this from Pammy T this morningsee cut and
pasted response) now isn't THAT a nice response? apparently I DID step on
her tit......................
maddie

Janet thought it would be nice if I cross posted a
piece I'd written about planting bulbs

Oh so *that's* why she got so defensive.

I'll be
posting more gardening essays and rambling bits of horticultural escapades
in the future.

No problem. I won't be able to read them. Not interested in anything
American.

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message . com
from "La puce" contains these words:

Janet Baraclough wrote:
Well, lets see; do UK gardeners mention hearing wild turkeys in
the
garden?

Yes. In some Scottish brewery they do. They're better than dogs
apparently )

There are no wild turkeys in the UK. Do stop Puking misinformation
onto this group.

A Scottish distillery, not a brewery, keeps domesticated geese, not
wild turkeys, as an audio alarm.

Janet

Old 15-12-2005, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 15/12/05 17:36, in article , "madgardener"
wrote:

by the way, Janet.......I got this from Pammy T this morningsee cut and
pasted response) now isn't THAT a nice response? apparently I DID step on
her tit......................

Oh, I'm going to adopt *that* expression! Especially for hose with 'man
breasts'!

Janet thought it would be nice if I cross posted a
piece I'd written about planting bulbs

Oh so *that's* why she got so defensive.

I'll be
posting more gardening essays and rambling bits of horticultural escapades
in the future.

No problem. I won't be able to read them. Not interested in anything
American.

Not typical of this group, I'm happy to say. I leave you with the thought
that to the boring all things are uninteresting.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 15-12-2005, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kay Easton

In message , madgardener
writes
I'll be
posting more gardening essays and rambling bits of horticultural escapades
in the future.

Maddie, you are very welcome here. It's a newsgroup for discussion on
gardening in the UK, and anything your write which is relevant to
gardening in the UK will be welcome.
--
Kay
Old 16-12-2005, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
madgardener

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
On 15/12/05 17:36, in article , "madgardener"
wrote:

snip

Oh, I'm going to adopt *that* expression! Especially for those with 'man
breasts'!

snarky remarks prunned and whacked thoroughly

Not typical of this group, I'm happy to say. I leave you with the thought
that to the boring all things are uninteresting.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

great thoughts Sacha! Who says middle aged, post menopausal women can't
learn anything? gbseg my power surges keep me warm on a summer's
evening..............the ice storm missed us here, slipped eastwards past me
here on the ridge but bestowed glorious rains that watered my many bulbs
that are sleeping and getting ready to surprise and wow me. I never remember
where they all are, so it's always new surprises. That, and I tend to
immediately forget where I plant them. Must be the fairies muddling my head
up on purpose!

The little minx of a female kitten has moved over on top of the box of
Christmas cards just off the side of my piled up desk where the computer is,
instead of terrorizing me and the keyboards like she did last night (and
going after the mouse arrow on the monitor, blocking the screen enough I
couldn't write well.......) and hasn't discovered the sunny spot in front of
the window yet that is crammed full of window hangers and crystals and such.
is there somewhere I can post pictures to share? I don't want to be chewed
for attaching a jpg that would take a bit to download.......been chewed up
and spit out too much on wreck.gardens for slipping up and doing that in the
past.

But I do LOVE to share the pictures I take, as I love to get up in the face
of flowers and things. (my favorites are the pictures of sleeping bumble
bees on the flowers who just get tired at dusk and decide to sleep over on
the flower, beds, that I discover all chilled down, covered in dew, and
sleepy enough that I can pet their little fuzzy backs gently and rouse them
come next morning. They bend their legs back as if to push me off so they
can sleep a few minutes longer to warm in the sunshine and dry the dew off
their fuzz. I pet bumblies all the time around here..........)
maddie

Old 16-12-2005, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 16/12/05 4:27 pm, in article , "madgardener"
wrote:

.uk...
wrote:

snip

Oh, I'm going to adopt *that* expression! Especially for those with 'man
breasts'!

snarky remarks prunned and whacked thoroughly

Not typical of this group, I'm happy to say. I leave you with the thought
that to the boring all things are uninteresting.
--

great thoughts Sacha! Who says middle aged, post menopausal women can't
learn anything? gbseg

snip

Makes me think of that line in Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop
Café. "older, richer, more insurance". ;-) (Just to get us back to
horticulture, of course!)

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 16-12-2005, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

"Janet Baraclough" wrote
Sorry, M, this group is very strictly text only. Lots of UK posters
are on dial-up connections, paying for every call. Virtually every UK
isp would strip out your post from their newsfeed. It's an even bigger
no-no here than on rec.gardens.

As a by the bye, none of madgardener's posts are showing up on my isp's
server. I only realised when replies appeared, and I see someone else has
noticed the same. The posts -do- appear via readfreenews though. I asked my
ISP about missing articles but so far they claim it's either my newsreader
settings (it isn't) or that the posts must be filtered because of spam or a
virus (can't see why they would be).

--
Sue

Old 17-12-2005, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

"Janet Baraclough" wrote
from "Sue"
As a by the bye, none of madgardener's posts are showing up on my isp's
server. I only realised when replies appeared, and I see someone else
has noticed the same. The posts -do- appear via readfreenews though. I
asked my ISP about missing articles but so far they claim it's either my
newsreader settings (it isn't) or that the posts must be filtered
because of spam or a virus (can't see why they would be).

Is your newsreader set to reject posts which are more than a certain
number of lines long? M's are usually long.

No, it's not that, even her shorties were missing. I found I could see them
all if I d/l the group via the freebie readfreenews server. All I can think
is that Plusnet's server is excluding them, or otherwise not picking them
up for some reason. They plead ignorance but I've asked them to look into
it because it's annoying having to crosscheck servers just in case.

--
Sue